Noah Ruede – Midterm

Note: The Program doesn’t embed properly, and even on openprocessing they cars don’t display, so below the program I posted a picture of how the program actually looks.  When you open it externally, you might need to refresh it and/or just wait for all the images to load.

I set out to create a working game of Frogger.  For the most part, I was successful, but not without some difficulty.  As it stands, it’s a fully functioning game.  There are a few issues I’d like to resolve once I know more about processing.  For one, I could only figure out how to essentially make the rows of cars bounce back and forth.  I’m not sure if it’s obvious, but that means the cars don’t reverse direction, so they essentially just go forward and backward across the screen. I’d also like to include the turtles from the original Frogger game; it would have been a challenge to have them submerge and emerge repeatedly without more experience with Processing.  If I had more time, I’d have put more effort into making it a little more visually appealing, but that’s something I can work on for the final project if I decide to continue with this project.