Giving Tuesday Project

I am still working on the “Giving Tuesday” project. I helped them City Tech Office of Visual Communications to create a logo and the layout for the website which is www.cunytuesday.org. So right now, I am working on the social media post.  I am enjoying making it because it involves images, texts and colors. Plus, the team that I am a member in have the strong quality of team work. We communicate to one another which is a good quality. I think that is the reason why I am enjoying this project. The people who I work with trust me to do the project which is to help boost my confidence. What I learned apart from being communicative is important to listen and observe.

In the article Modern Etiquette: Minding your manners in the work” by Pamela Eyring. What Eyring writes in the article is very interesting especially the part that states “it’s statistically important to bring your manners to work every day.” I agree with this wonderful idea and can argue that some people do not bring their right manners to work from my personal experiences. 

For instance I have seen some of this while working as a hospital clerk. I have seen many incidents that showed workers don’t have manners. They were actually bad with not having any manners and were unprofessional. I think that is one of the many reasons that there are some companies that fail because there is no communication between workers. If companies followed the advice in The Protocol School of Washington this would not be a problem. This book offers the following dos and don‘ts:  I think this will be a really wonderful day at work. Sadly, many of us do not have manners. It is really sad because here in the United States, etiquette is not always practiced since some Americans have a we can do whatever we want attitude. There are other countries that are very strict with etiquette at the workplace. I hope whoever reads this becomes inspired to change and just have manners, respect each other and do well in our job.

There are really interesting tips for dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace. It really works because when I experienced that,  I remained calm. I had been asked by someone to “meet me in a private location” which at the time I did not think was a good idea. It is important to understand that people have their personal life outside of work. I think the best way for a person to respond to that is to be nice and be appropriate with one another. Really, just communicate, but if you a shy person like me. Don’t stress it, just do your work and smile. That is what I do every day at my work and intern.