Since Cuba has a colorful political history, it is not always the first place someone would choose to vacation. However, the country is beautiful with so many cultural destinations. You can spend your entire vacation in Havana, walking the streets lined with crumbling buildings. Rich with museums and art galleries, it is the perfect place to absorb the culture of mysterious country. If hiking is more your style, going to the town of Vinales will give you picturesque scenery, flat top hills perfect for hiking, and the ability to enjoy self-made bike routes. Up until recently, travel to Cuba has been restricted, so many of these places have not been seen my many travelers. Lodging can be pleasant and affordable for the basics, with hotels such as Casa el Islendo or Casa Caribe Star. If you want a little more comfort, Casa el Porry and Hostal Enrique are mid-cost hotels. A Director of Tourism would emphasize the beautiful scenery, rich culture, and unique experience.
Prof. Bear Dallis
Visit my profile page to learn more about me, my teaching, service, and scholarship.
Visit me during office hours by linking to the course’s Blackboard Collaborate page on Mondays between 5:00pm and 6:00pm.
- Extreme Sledding in the Swiss AlpsThere is nothing tame about sledding in Switzerland, where participants rocket down steep, miles-long slopes, sometimes at night.Elaine Glusac
- Seeking Higher Ground: Western Resorts Take Skiers Where the Snow IsNew terrain development at ski resorts, primarily in Colorado, aims to chase and preserve snow, an invaluable commodity.Elaine Glusac
- Read Your Way Through MadridLike many who call Madrid home, Elena Medel was born elsewhere, but forged her identity in the Spanish capital. Here, she recommends books about this city that “refuses to be reduced to an ideal.”Elena Medel
- JetBlue Seeks Court Approval of its Acquisition of Spirit AirlinesJetBlue Airways is trying to persuade a federal court to let it acquire Spirit Airlines, a deal that the Justice Department says will raise fares and reduce competition.Niraj Chokshi
- Sacramento Restaurants Worth ExploringSoaring Bay Area housing prices, a highly diverse community and some of the world’s best produce have been catalysts for the dining scene in California’s capital.Ella Quittner