Effect of Human Activities on the Environment

“Effect of Human Activities on the Environment ” by Jonas Martonas is about how people impact the environment in many ways . Mr. Martonas talks about water pollution, air pollution climate change and solutions to fix these problems. Air pollution is caused by many things like carbon monoxide (odorless gas),nitrous oxide that come from power plants and or industrial factories. When people smoke they also pollute the air.  You can get cancer or other health effects from smoking or being in an area where the air is really polluted .Another issue that is explained in this article is  climate change. Climate change is due to carbon dioxide and greenhouse gas. Burning fossils can increase the temperature  affecting where crops can grow. Which will affect us . In order for air pollution, water pollution ,climate change …. to be gone we have to change. There are many ways to ✋ or decrease pollution but we  have to come together in order for pollution, climate change (etc) to stop ✋.Walking  sometimes instead of driving can decrease the carbon dioxide in the air, not dumping waste into streams, rivers or the ocean  or overusing fertilizers can decrease water pollution.http://education.seattlepi.com/effect-human-activities-environment-3653.html

5 thoughts on “Effect of Human Activities on the Environment”

1. I had also wrote a summary about air pollution , and how it affects earth .So your article relates to the article I read and summarized. I mentioned green house gasses that pollute the air , such as carbon dioxide, methane , and sulfur dioxide. Also how the air pollution is affecting the climate . And we both give reasons on how we could avoid air pollution by less use of cars, airplanes, and power plants .When people in the environment stop flying and driving it will reduce a person carbon footprint. These harmful gasses can be avoided from entering the environment.

2. As humans, it is our responsibility to take care of our plant. We are responsible to not litter or throw the random things in the ocean. Not only is it affecting us but it’s also affecting wildlife in the ocean. Everyone is responsible for keeping our plant clean.

3. The article by Jonas Martonas was an interesting read. In my opinion, many people are aware that their daily activities are causing various forms of pollution in the water, air and climate. The secondary effects are not as apparent. For example, I understand that when I purchase plastic bottle soft drinks, it would be better if I am able to recycle them after usage. The mass production of plastic bottles is polluting the aquatic systems rapidly. Excess nutrient inputs is less apparent to me which is why I found it interesting that Jonas Martonas stated that excess nutrients, such as the overuse of fertilizers, has one of the largest impacts on the water system.

4. People should take more responsibilities by taking care of the environment where they live and the planet too. They are aware of the destruction of the environnement example pollution of air , water etc… we should be recycling more bottles rather than throwing them