Interesting read about breastfeeding

Even though I am not a mother myself nor do I have any children, however, I do have nieces and nephews. After reading this article about newborns and  breastfeeding, I think this article is interesting and informative to share with others. What do you guys think about this reading ?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/healthtrending/mom-warns-about-breast-feeding-after-newborn-starves/ar-AAnGDGW?li=BBnbfcL

9 thoughts on “Interesting read about breastfeeding”

1. It’s interesting. I’m not a mother, but in my family, the older generation are always talking about how breastfeeding is the best thing you could do, instead of giving the babies formula, and some of them think it’s lazy when the woman doesn’t want to breastfeed, even when the mothers have said that they don’t have enough milk. It’s good to have backup research in case I ever need it.

2. Yes, it is a very interesting read. I could only imagine the horror those parents must feel after losing their 15 week baby. Such a shame. I am a mother to the sweetest little boy EVER!. However, I shudder to think about what if that had happened to my son. I breastfed my son until he was five months old. It is both a joyous and weary moment. A joyous moment because of the bond that the parents share with the baby and the feeling that this little human being is depending on you for nourishment and a weary moment because you do wonder if your child is getting enough to eat. After breastfeeding my son, I would follow up with a bottle of formula. Most of the time he would be full so he would refuse the bottle. Only then I would feel reassured that he had had enough to eat. I would feed him again in two hours time according to his feeding schedule.
    A lot should be considered when you are having a baby. If you do plan on breastfeeding, then you would want to make sure that you are healthy and that your diet consists of healthy fats and protein. You should also drink a lot of water to flush out any toxins. I am not a nutritionist or a doctor but those are just some of the things I did when I was pregnant with my son. My son was very healthy as an infant, he had no skin issues, no eye or ear infections etc.
    Care should be taken when breastfeeding infants, it is true that they may not always get enough to eat so that is why it is good idea to supplement with more milk, whether its breast milk previously pumped or with formula.

3. I agree, this article is very interesting. After a baby is born, they are scheduled to meet with a doctor every couple of weeks to ensure they are developing. The failure of the doctors to realize the baby was not being fed is troubling. The doctors should’ve looked at the totality of the woman circumstances to figure out the issue. The mothers diagnoses of PCOS along with the baby’s weight loss and constant crying should’ve been red flags to the nurses in the hospital.
    The woman in the article also mentioned that the hospital caring for her promoted breastfeeding by requiring mother to obtain a prescription if they wanted baby formula. Despite its health benefits, breast feeding is ultimately the mothers choice. Hospitals should encourage breastfeeding by raising awareness of the health benefits rather than making it harder to choose an alternative feeding method.

4. I never knew that cluster-feeding exists. The article was very beneficial to me. Now I know what cluster-feeding is and what causes the baby to cluster-feed. And also babies shouldn’t be dependent on breast-milk, I knew that from before. , In the future when I have children, if my baby cluster-feeds, I would know that something is wrong with my wife’s body.

5. Since I came into this world I have had that Brest feeding is better than formula feeding. I even had that breast feed babies develop better than formular feed babies. Also that breast feed babies don’t always fall sick on like the formular feed once.

6. I’ve heard so many stories about breastfeeding and i personally hate hearing that you’re a bad mother if you don’t choose to breastfeed. In my opinion wether a mother choose to breastfeed or not thats her own personal choice and no one should make her feel guilty about it. Breastfeeding does have a lot of great benefits but theres some circumstances that may prevent a woman from being able to do so.

7. This was a bit sad to read, but it can happen to any family. Just because you give birth to a baby, doesn’t mean you are automatically a “know it all mom.” You learn with progression, and some things are not obvious to some as it is to others. Some have certain opinions on bottle feeding, or would rather breastfeed. Babies can not tell you, he or she is not getting enough food from the mother from breastfeeding, although they may give signs, it is not evident to the parent what is wrong. Babies may give signs, but they are not vocal. These signs are very subtle, especially to new parents who don’t fully grasp or feel that they are putting their children in danger, the parents did what came natural, which was feeding on her breast. However, not everything is known, and it is of the utmost importance to educate others and to be aware of situations that may not be obvious or can happen and if it could be avoided, should.

8. Hi,

I am a mom of four children, and I breastfeeded each one of them. I guess her condition made her experience unique and the doctors should of advised her better. I think breastfeeding is healthy approach but if you have special condition that affect lactation you must confirm with health care provider and see what is the best thing for you and child.

9. I think that breastfeeding is a great thing that new mother should do with their newborns. Breastfeeding not only provides health benefits to the newborn but it also a form of bonding between the mother and child. Breastfeeding also provides the newborn with nutrient and vitamin from the mother. Mothers who are vaccinated also pass on a great benefit to their children since they get the benefit of the vaccines from their mother. I think that breastfeeding is of great benefit to the newborn child and glad that more mothers are doing it.