Reflection( Final Portfolio )

From the first day of the semester until now I have improve myself as a writer overall . Learning new ways to go more in depth of my writing and make it interesting to my target audience. When it comes to writing about a certain topic the aim is not to bored the readers . By giving as much details as possible. But as always ask myself what do I do to become an even better writer .I’ve learned of how to search for articles and and explaining how it connects to my topic that way my readers are gonna get the info they want. I’m glad I was to learn new writing skills or techniques that can help me improve my writing and to improve myself as a writer .

When we first started unit one it was the  first challenge that I’ve been tested on and unit one teached me about the first steps of towards becoming a better writer  since this the first time that I have put these these new writing strategies onto my first major writing assignment. My Unit One essay was about my high school experience and this was aimed towards new incoming freshman and what I wanted them to know before they start their freshman year. The challenge was me and how to explain them I realized that at first I thought that I wasn’t telling them enough info or I thought I wasn’t going more in depth . So I think about what I was missing  or doing wrong  . But I truly realized that this was aiming towards newly incoming freshman  and that I wasn’t directly talking to them about what they need to know about high school and that I was just telling them about my high school experience. Basically telling my audience that high school is fun I consider it as a gift as it lead you further in your education .What I learned from this unit was talking directly towards my targeted audience as a recent  high school graduate .   I said towards the end of my education essay that ” enjoy every moment and always take advantage of the education opportunities that they will offer you.”  The reason why I said it because not  only Im just talking about my high school experience I’m just saying in general that everyone’s high school experience was fun .  Yes the important thing was keeping up with your academics but also you just got have fun in high school cause it’s only 4 years where the you are gonna make lots of memories. As I directly say this to my audience which are newly incoming freshman  and this taught me on how to directly speak to my audience.

In unit 2 we talked about real life issues or any real life concerns that we would want to talk about in our next assignment . My topic was American intervention or American foreign policy . My audience was aiming towards people who have no idea or don’t have a better understanding about American foreign policy . What I included in my essay are 4 sources which are related to my topic of different genres like legal sources , interviews etc.  I summarized this sources and took quotes from it so that I can explain what do the sourse mean . I explained about the past history of American foreign policy  and also how is it affecting American foreign relations in the present.  Also explaining about what citizens think about foreign policy from experts and how we are just simply getting involved too much outside our borders and who knows what can the outcome might be . In my essay I said that what will ” U.S involvement be in the future be the future what will might be the causes and effects for the United States and the rest of the world. Unit 2 was mainly me working on improving myself on analyzing sources and interpreting them into my own words and explaining it sufficiently  in my essay .

Before we started on our education essay we practiced analyzing our essay topics so that we can better idea of what we planning on writing for our essay and our topic question . Also learning on how to analyze our resources like explaining our quotes and explaining on how are we going to convince our audience on what we are trying to say or prove to them . Also we write about what’s the whole purpose of what we are trying to explain or accomplish and also of what is the tone of the reader and what is he trying to explain. Also explaining the background the of our topic because the readers want to know what are the backgrounds of this certain topic .

Unit three was about the speech that I presented to the class I think I did pretty well on my speech at least I wasn’t nervous so my speech is basically a whole simple summary that was based off unit two which was on American foreign policy summarizing the past present and future and that what the limitations should be which is to simply” not get involved unless national security is a concern”. Unit three was me just basically having to address a topic in which many people often question or have and questions , comment or concerns about.

Throughout the semester I believe I improved myself as a writer  from just normal bland essays to being able to analyze my resources and being able to explain my topic sentence to my readers and being to understand on how to directly talk to my readers of what I want them to know . I’ve learned a lot throughout this semester and hopefully I will be able to use these writing strategies to help me improve my writing even more. Thankful to learn these strategies that I was able to obtain and that these will help me out in the foreseeable future.