How to do it.

1. My genre is writing a magazine article about autism. To be more specific, I will be doing an article for teen vogue. When writing a magazine article you want to catch the reader’s attention. Therefore you need a good hook! When looking at the articles teen vogue had to offer, I was amazed by the hooks. It made me want to read the article even if it was just about what Miley Cyrus thinks about green dresses. That’s when I realized one of the most important formula is a great and shocking hook to get people interested in reading your article and what you have to say. As I kept reading the other articles I saw there was suspense like they didn’t tell you what you were looking for right away. They just hit you with details and facts and feels like forever to get to the point but it is information that Honestly would be good to know. After noticing the hook and the suspense that comes right after I immediately compared it to my topic on autism and what type of Audience I’m seeking to grab attention with my hook right away. Since my topic is not about a celebrity or something trendy it is in fact something informative finding a catchy hook for that will be hard but it isn’t impossible! After finding my hook, I will ease my reader with information that’s not boring and too scientific but I will write it in a way they feel I’m speaking to them directly face to face. I think that is a good tactic to keep the reader engaged in the reading and actually taking something out from it. I do need to be careful with the information I share and not make it more interesting than what the actual hook. When I get to my main point of the article I will ask questions to help the reader relate to a person with autism and see where people with autism are coming from or dealing with on a daily basis. Finally, I will end my article with a little sentimental conclusion and one fact that will get them thinking more than they did throughout my article to care on with them in their daily life.