● Be sure to check your City Tech e-mail as your instructor will be sending you the login and password information for your WeBWorK account. You will log on to WeBWorK here.
● It is recommended that you change your password. However, please use something that you will remember. If you forget it, you will have to wait for your instructor to reset your password (make request via email).
● Pay close attention to the due dates for each problem set. You are always able to review
the problems after the set closes, but you will not be graded for completing problems
after the due date.
● After a problem set is due, most problems include a full solution at the bottom.
● You can generate a PDF copy of any problem set, and after the due date, you may
generate a PDF that includes the solutions.
● Make sure to try each problem at least once. After your first attempt, some problems may have a “hint” that will become available once you’ve tried the problem.
● Incorrect attempts will not affect your grade.
Entering your answers:
● Read the directions for each problem carefully. Each problem will tell you what to look
out for – reduced fractions; decimal form; exact form; reduced radicals; etc.
● Use “sqrt(…)” to write square roots.
● In order to avoid issues with the order of operations, make sure to use parentheses around
your numerators and denominators when writing answers that are fractions.
● Use “Preview My Answers” to see how WeBWorK interprets your answer – does it look like
what you intended?
Ask For Help / OpenLab:
● When you’re stuck on a problem, you should use the “Ask For Help” button on the
problem page. This will open a new tab and ask you to log into the OpenLab. Sign in with
your OpenLab account and ask your question – be sure to include an explanation of what
you’ve already tried! You’ll receive an email when your question is answered. Here is the site you will be using is.
● You can also review questions that have already been asked about the problem you’re on,
there might already be an answer that helps you out!
● If you find an answer that helps you out, give it a thumbs up to help other students find
this useful answer.
I have copied the info in my first post regarding the first set of assignments:
Your first Webwork assignment due by M 09/03/2018 at 11:59pm consists of four short sets:
plus one long set: Antiderivatives.
To log into Webwork, follow this link.
- Your login name is your first initial + your last name. For example, if your name is Barack Obama, your login name is bobama. (If your last name has multiple words with a space or a hyphen between them, just use the first word unless it consists of 2 or fewer characters.) All letters are lower case.
- Your password is your CUNY ID number. Be sure to change it to something that is both more secure and something you will remember. However, if you do forget it, you can request me via email to reset it (I get one of these requests at least once each semester!).
Click on the homework set’s name to view the problems. Click on individual problems and enter your answer. After you have entered an answer, the system will tell you if it is correct. Make sure you have entered all your answers before the deadline. There is nothing else necessary for you to do after that with webwork (in blackboard you have to click the submit button!).