Mohammed Hossain Post .. How Statistics Relates to My career.

Mohammed Hossain

Instructor: Ezra Halleck

Math 1372

Hello, my name is Mohammed Hossain. At this point, my Prospective career is to become a computer scientist and a programmer. When I was in high school I really got interested in computer field. Programming is really fun and I love it. The most interesting part about being a computer scientist is you are able use computer to do many things such as explores new ideas, creating more breakthroughs and  use them in our daily life. Also, you can be a game developer build different types of games, websites, robots etc. I believe that statistics and probability plays a major role in every field especially in computer science. For example, computer science is like a giant calculator that computes all the data like statistics does. Statistics help computer to do the entire math faster, without statistics it will be hard for human to calculate the average of huge data. Then algorithm will be harder for human being because the main job of algorithm is to match raw data. In computer field we use both statistics and probability to do data mining, date compression, speech recognition, and data recovery and retrievals etc. Furthermore, Programmers use probability to measure the success of the program before running it. Probability is also used to solve paradox probability have been now playing a very big role in computer programming. Overall, statistics and probability deeply plays an essential role to the field of computer science.