I sent everyone an email about the essay topics from the form you filled out in class.  If you didn’t hear from me, or if you have questions, please send an email (chall@citytech.cuny.edu )  If you missed class or did not finish the form, please complete it HERE and then send me an email to tell me you finished it and I will send you comments.  Remember, your topic must be approved by me by next week!

1. Write a 2-3 sentence proposal for your topic for unit 2 (again, please see the assignment sheet under “Major Assignments”) and post to Open Lab
  2. Please ALSO attach a source you might use for your research to this post– that is, an article or a youtube video, etc…  You can do this either by using the “Add Media” button or by adding a link.    Make sure this is a good source– something you think is going to be useful to you. Please read (or watch) this source!

Use category: Unit Two 

Below is a video that might be helpful for finding articles (there is a link to our own library on the right side of this web page.)  Also, see below the video for instructions for accessing a free subscription to the New York Times, if you would like to use this resource!

To register for a free subscription to the NYT using your CUNY email address:

1. Click on “Register” to create a NYTimes.comaccount using your CUNY e-mail address.
  2. At the bottom of the Welcome page, click “Continue.”
  3. If your email address is from an eligible school, you will then see “Check your email.” Look for a “Confirm Your Email Address” message, which should arrive to your CUNY e-mail within 15 minutes.
  4. Click on the link in our confirmation email. This will simultaneously verify your eligibility and

grant your Academic Pass, which will provide access to NYTimes.com for your campus designated period.

1. If you don’t get our confirmation email, check your spam filter.  If you still do not receive it, send an email from your school email account to edu@nytimes.com