As everyone is aware of that Education is the key to success which I agree too but that’s not what I used to think back in High school when I had to write big essays and how I found them so annoying and useless. It’s all because First, I didn’t really know how to write them and Second I didn’t really try to build my writing skills. But I will definitely recommend every student to focus on their writing skills especially because it doesn’t just help in English subjects but in other subjects’ essays too. Today I’ll talk about my experiences and struggles that I had regarding writing essays or just writing in general. And I hope that most of you could relate to my story and been to the same or similar experience.

So my story starts from the bright sunny day as I woke up for my school and luckily had only one class that was English. It was Monday mid the march, which is usually the beginning of the spring season. On my way to school, as I was walking flowers were blossoming everywhere and trees were covered with new green leaves. In spring, most people get so happy because they get to go out and it’s not that cold. Naturally, it just put a smile on the face. My day was so far going good until I reached school, was looking around on my left and right there were just students walking to their classes some were shouting and others were meeting their friends. But later everyone went to their classrooms.

As I was reaching close to my classroom, I felt so anxious because I didn’t really like it. That time we were practicing for our regent essays and I used to hate writing essays because in literature you have to read and write so much which I found hard and boring. I tried my best not to participate in that class and just ignored it completely. That day we were practicing and as always I bothered not to raise my hand like ever but this time my teacher didn’t really let me go easily and called me out to answer the question. I was so blank just like my notebook and my teacher decided to Come close to my chair, as he was coming close to my seat my heartbeat was getting fast and the moment he saw my paper, gave me an angry look which really scared me out and he asked me again that say whatever I have only. mind but I didn’t know anything. As I plucked up my courage to speak, our school decided to have a practice lockdown class drill. And the period wasted because that drill took the whole class time. I was so happy that God saved me one more time and after that, I took my bag and got out to go home.

As I was on my way back home, was thinking and questioning myself that am I doing good to myself? for how long I keep doing this after all I need to get good grades in my English regents in order to graduate. Is this going to affect my college and my future, what would I do if I have to write something and don’t know what and where to start? But I decided just to try to pay attention to the class and listen to the lectures carefully and student’s responses write those down and when I come back home practice it and most importantly read as more as I can. I followed this situation for some time and then came to the conclusion that it not that hard as I thought it was.

So I decided that from now try to participate in class just like other students. Later the next day, I woke up really happy because I got the confidence that I needed for my English class, I promised myself that I’ll participate and see where it takes me. As I got to my English class, sat down on my seat, and took out my notebook for the do now. Our teacher didn’t really like us talking so we were just busy doing our work. I looked at my right students were busy doing their do now and on my left, most were already done with it. As I looked outside, some seniors were chitchatting with their friends and laughing like crazy and there was a guy who picked up the garbage and all the other trash. It was chilly outside but warm inside. When I looked at my teachers, they were mumbling to each other about our next homework, and then the moment came to participate. I actually decided to listen to others first then said my answer.

As I was listening to other’s answers, got to know how important it is to pay attention especially in English class, because it helps students to learn different ways of writing and these skills really work in every subject.  From later that day, literally paid attention to every little point. I really want to thank my English teachers who really pushed me forward and taught me that just sitting there and wondering wouldn’t take you anywhere in fact you have to work hard for it. And because of them, I came over my essay fear. I really wanted to thank my favorite English teacher who taught a technique that whenever we readjust write a little summary of each Paragraph next to them or pick those words that really stand by you and try to explain why the author uses it and what actually he tries to compare. Which led to my essay writing better, I’m not claiming myself a Professional writer but that technique really helped me out.  From then I actually like doing easy most of the time and because of him, I got a 5 out of 6 scores in my regent essay which I never ever expected. That’s my story of struggling with writing and how I came over it. And if I can then anyone could,  it just takes more time and practicing without these two things a person really can’t be a good writer or good in any other thing.  I use to hate reading books before not going to lie but I think that English class made me love reading books and I’ve read some amazing books till now. In the end, all I want to say is that Perfection asks for time, practicing, and hard work, and without these things, you can’t really achieve what you wanted.

Memo: 

Education meant that I was aiming to grow and grow as an individual and a student, but this experience gave me the challenges and opportunities of education in the world, especially in my class like my teacher used to ask me to give my paper to the class so they can read and get what they are missing and what I have to work on which I really found interesting and helpful. Sometimes he gave me papers to check what’s wrong with the essays and then asked me to found out the mistakes. This experience brought me a new vision, I am not only thankful that I was able to receive a good education, but I am also responsible for providing the same protection to others.