Hi you guys!  It’s getting to be the end of the semester (believe it or not!)  I’ve decided to make a big change:

For the final portfolio, instead of revising units one and two, you must revise Unit One and either Unit Two or Unit Three.  In other words, you must revise two units, and one of those units must be Unit One.

In other words, your final portfolio will contain:

Final Reflection, Unit One,Unit Two, Unit Three

EITHER UNIT TWO OR UNIT THREE WILL BE REVISED.

Please note: If unit three was not turned in on time, you may not revise unit 3.

Now the homework:

By noon Friday Dec 4:

READ: “The Maker’s Eye” by Donald Murray. https://robertnazar.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/themakerseye.pdf  

In this essay, Donald Murray names several different elements writers can focus on when revising their work (here, I’m talking about the words he’s italicized). This is a lot to think about in your revision, so I’d like you to choose one of these element write about how you can apply it to improve your own work. Be specific.  You may also want to discuss why you’ve chosen to focus on this element over the others! Write a blog post and post on Open Lab.

Keep an eye on this space!  I’ll be writing a slide show about what I’ll be looking for with revision and posting it here.  

By noon on Weds Dec 9 (our last class!):

REVIEW: Final Revision and Portfolio Assignment (see: Major assignments)

WRITE: A draft (at least 400 words) of your final reflection.  You can use the exercise we did in class as a starting point.  Other starting points?  The questions on the assignment sheet or your: letter to your future self from the first week!)

One more thing: Next Monday, Dec 7, I will be holding office hours during class time.  I’ll send out a sign up sheet.  If you want to meet with me, but can’t make that time, feel free to call!