Yes, this is the homework for WEDNESDAY– meaning I am giving you a week– but remember, this is a LOT of work!  I’m giving you a week so you get something done.  Your main task is to work on Unit 3.  By Noon Weds, Nov 18, please post as much of Unit 3 as you have done.  We will spend most of class talking about projects.  Simply presenting ANYTHING counts toward your final essay grade (that is, you have two options: post a rough draft and get full credit, don’t post a rough draft and get zero credit.)

I would also like everyone to write a brief blog post (approx 150 words) about the mentor text you found in class on Weds.

• Who is the audience of that mentor text? Would they also be interested in your project for Unit 3 (they should be!)
  • Look at the intro of that mentor text– or if it’s something like a website, etc.. look at how the designers got the viewers interested– how do the writers “hook” the readers?  Can you learn anything about how to hook your readers from this text?)
  • How are they using formatting or visuals?  Are they using pictures? Headings? Subtitles? Etc… Will this help you in your own formatting?

NOTE: you do not have to copy your mentor text exactly, but remember– if you are writing a TED talk, looking at a TED talk you like will probably help you learn how to put one together.  If you are writing for TIME magazine, you should look at TIME magazine articles to see what they look like!

I am finishing up comments on Unit Two– I may have told you I need to meet with you on Monday– if so, or if you want to meet with me on Mon for any reason, please sign up for office hours here: https://calendly.com/chall-citytech/office-hours. Please be on time!  If you’re late, you might miss your appointment.

Many people need to review P-I-E paragraphs. HERE is the link to the PIE slideshow.  Please review it!  Remember, every paragraph should only have one main point.  Really long paragraphs with multiple points are very confusing to readers!