Due by Noon, Monday Sept 21 – THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT ASSIGNMENT AND IS PART OF YOUR ESSAY (not homework) GRADE!

Due on Wednesday, Sept 23- Peer review (I will post details about this on Monday)

Due on Friday, Sept 25: FINAL DRAFT ESSAY ONE 

Make sure you review the essay assignment, under MAJOR ASSIGNMENTS HERE

WRITE: A Shitty First Draft of  your Education Narrative (Unit One)  

• The Draft should be at least 800 words. 

WRITE: A short Reviewer’s Memo that you add at the end of the Draft. 

The short Reviewer’s Memo that you add at the end of your draft is simply a message (100-200 words) you write to your peer reviewers that addresses these three things: 

1. This is what I intended to do: Here’s why I wrote it. What I hoped it would do. What I want people to take away from the piece.
  2. This is how I feel about the project so far: how I think it’s going, what problems I’m having, what I think is working, and what I think I need help with, what I’m proud of, etc.
  3. Here are other questions/issues I would like the reviewers to look at such as: what do you think is working? What is confusing? Does each paragraph address a single idea, or does it wander all over the place? Have I mentioned or used something from the readings? If this were your essay, what would you do next?

Note: I have given you an extension on this, so you will still have homework due on Weds and Friday! FINAL DRAFT OF ESSAY ONE IS DUE ON FRIDAY!!

IMPORTANT! I will send an email about this as well, but I want to remind you guys of a few things: one is that attendance in class means being in class the entire class, not just showing up for the first 20 minutes and then leaving.  If you are not in class for the majority of the hour, you are absent.  If you’re having connectivity issues, please let me know. Also, if you have not done any of, or most of the homework for the course, you are currently not passing the course and should contact me immediately if you intend to pass.