revision 2 proposal

In my second revision paper, I am planning to revise my Unit 2 essay- Portrait of a Word. The reason I chose this paper is because I feel that if I change the medium, say to a poem, or even a piece of art, I feel I can give my paper new meaning. The point I would be trying to make in this new revision paper is that yes, technically I may not be Boricua, at least officially. But that doesn’t take away from the fact that I’m still Puerto Rican, and still doesn’t change where I came from, or where my parents and ancestors came from. Like I said, I am planning to revise this paper and re-do it, possibly in the form of a poem. I think a poem can speak “deeper”, compared to your typical paper. Your wording is much more fluid in a way.

1 thought on “revision 2 proposal”

1. Great! Remember a couple things: if you make it a poem, you’ll want to have a visual aspect to it as well (a drawing or photograph, etc…) Also, you’ll want it to be a substantial poem or group of poems.

If it’s a painting, you’ll want text– this could be a poem or an Artist’s Statement (we can talk about what this is.