zhanna shimunova’s ePortfolio

zhanna shimunova's ePortfolio
This ePortfolio is OPEN.
Nursing
Portfolio Description

Hi Everyone my name is Zhanna. I’m currently working as an OR and Recovery room nurse at an ambulatory sugary and am doing per diem school nursing as well. I plan on going to graduate school for either NP school and specializing in Neuro or go to Nurse anesthetist school (Still haven’t made up my mind).
Before going to nursing school I worked as a patient transporter at a nursing home in Queens and a teacher’s assistant for seven years. I assumed that I would specialize in pediatric nursing since I obviously have many years of experience with toddlers and three to five year olds (This is one of the reasons why I chose to do school nursing) But that quickly changed when I took a nursing course at my last year in the Associate’s program. My nursing professor inspired me to pursue a career in Neuro and to further my education as that will be a requirement in the very near future. Another field I find intriguing, as I have mentioned before is Nurse Anesthetist. I find myself lucky to have found a job where I am exposed to Nurse Anesthetists and Anesthesiologists. I can witness first-hand what Nurse Anesthetists experience on a daily basis and can decide If this career is a right fit for me.

Member Profile

Acknowledgements

This ePortfolio was created by: zhanna RN

Narrative Self Reflection

For Community Health Nursing clinical site I choose The Masaryk Towers. These residential homes […] See MoreNarrative Self Reflection

My Personal Strengths

The strengths that I have built up as a School nurse are the ability to construct good […] See MoreMy Personal Strengths

My philiosophy on Nursing

One of the reasons why I am infatuated by the nursing profession is that there are over hundred […] See MoreMy philiosophy on Nursing

No Comments Found