1101-391 Language and Identity.

• Questions
  • #50089

Carrie Hall

Please post your questions about Shop Class below (in the reply box)

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Carrie Hall.
    #50239

Alexandra Sandoval

The Psychic Appeal of Manual Work
    The author talks about how he began working as an electrician helper at age fourteen. I want to know how this ties in with the story he is telling us about.

#50262

Erik Yan

I still kind of agree with the author even after rereading it. I still wonder why the author talks about a Noel Dempsey? What was the point of introducing a Noel Dempsey and then not bring him up again in the article.

#50275

Bryan

The author talks a lot about himself and where he stand-in the article. Also on the other side of his perspective of Studies and how people studying on what they want to be. I wonder what Drove him so far in life to write about his past and advice he gives others young bright minds ? Or was it for him to Rember what he accomplished Or share his lifes experiences with the world?…

#50279

Brad Griffith

What does the author mean when he says “hide the works” on page 7 paragraph 2?

#50281

Omrit P

The author speak about college and how it determines your life. I want to know is that “Does the author hate college and does he believe there is something better than college?”

#50287

Dylan

Why does the author seem so disappointed in the decline of trades?And why does the author use his sophisticated vocabulary?

#50294

Lansey Cerisier

As stated in the article students are prepare to work white collar jobs. Mathew B Crawford also had to attend these schools that taught similar materials. What made him take a different approach and not fall into the path schools were pushing them to be and became involve with blue collar work?

#50295

Anima Anowar

The author mentions cognitive ability several times. Why is it that cognitive ability is the only skill or ability that counts, and why wouldn’t blue-collar worker have that cognitive ability?

#50318

MOHAMMAD ALAM

The title of the article proves many points “shop class as soulcraft” to me I think this means that something about how the national culture has gotten so disdainful of physical labor. I really want to know the exact meaning from the author himself

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)