Wine & Beverage Management, Spring ’14

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Study Guide, Italy and Sparkling Wine, Updated for Spring 14

Prof. Karen Goodlad
    Participant

ITALY:
    Identify the following regions on a map of Italy: Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto, Campania
    Identify important DOCG, DOC, IGT from the regions mentioned above using the text as guide and the grape variety of the listed DOCG, DOC, IGT (the format will be the same as the French quiz)
    Know basic climate conditions for each of the regions mentioned above
    Utilizing class notes, and the text describe one important fact about each region
    Name the 4 categories of Italian wine laws and identify the categories that are the most and least strict
    Review the “proposed test questions” presented by your classmates (note that not all groups posted as of 11pm 4/6/14).

Sparkling Wine:
    Identify and explain the various ways of making sparkling wine and Champagne
    Identify the soil of Champagne
    Explain the climate of Champagne
    List the grape varieties of Champagne and Prosecco

Henry MC
    Participant

Hi professor!
    is this our study guide for the quiz on Thursday?
    do we have to study Germany too?

Thank you!

Prof. Karen Goodlad
    Participant

Henry, I am updating it now so when it says “updated for spring 2014” it is done. I was waiting for the remaining groups to post their research from class on Thursday but I fear I can not wait any longer.
    Prof. Goodlad

Henry MC
    Participant

Thank you

Moemu Seo
    Participant

Hello,

I’m slightly concerned about how much you want us to know about IGT regions. The only notable region that the text mentions is Bolgheri Sassicaia (DOC) from the Super Tuscans and based on the notes that were published, I know that Piemonte has none . . .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.