Storm Stories

active 10 years, 12 months ago
Storm Stories
This Project is OPEN.
School / Office
Arts & Sciences, Professional Studies, Technology & Design
Project Description

A place for students and faculty to tell us about your personal storm experiences. Please post your own stories or photos.

Acknowledgements

This project was created by: Prof. Paul King

Short Video on my SuperStorm Sandy Experience_osmanycabrera

Follow the link below for my Storm Story Video on Vimeo-osmanycabrera   http://vimeo.com/58686492 See MoreShort Video on my SuperStorm Sandy Experience_osmanycabrera

Flushing, Queens

I wasn't prepared for the Storm Sandy like most of people I know, because we didn't believe the […] See MoreFlushing, Queens

S. R. Hill, Queens

During and after Super Storm and Hurricane Sandy, my neighborhood had a lot of strange unusual […] See MoreS. R. Hill, Queens

Comment on "Tell us your Storm Stories"

Before the storm came in, my family split up so we stayed in different places. My sister and I […] See MoreComment on "Tell us your Storm Stories"

Comment on "Tell us your Storm Stories"

By my house there was heavy rain all night a few trees fell on the street, others in top of cars. […] See MoreComment on "Tell us your Storm Stories"

Comment on "Tell us your Storm Stories"

Everybody thought hurricane sandy was going to be the same as last years storm, Irene. I thought […] See MoreComment on "Tell us your Storm Stories"

strom in jamaica Queens/ south ozone park

In the end of the storm i came out lucky with some lights out and a few trees down, however that doesn't mean i had an easy night. It was about an hour after the storm hit when my brother had to leave for work, he is an national grid […] See Morestrom in jamaica Queens/ south ozone park

Bronx, NY.

I Live by Grand Concourse on 167th and the storm wasnt that bad for me. My apartment is in a basement and I didnt have any problems with flooding or electricity. Some trees fell but they were small ones. It was very calm by my house. See MoreBronx, NY.

storm story in Long Iland

In Long Island, the area that I live, many trees felt down and some of the house have been damaged. We had not have power and heat for six days. Many areas even did not have gas and warm water and some of the areas still don’t have t […] See Morestorm story in Long Iland