SPRING 2021 ENG 1141-OL07: Introduction to Creative Writing

Tagged: 

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.

• Participation Activity, Session 3: The Implacable I

Iris Alarcon
    Participant

I really like the dialogue and how you made the clicking sound of the stove. I also agree that once adding dialogue and adding the specific details that go throughout your day, experiencing, and or event it generates a story. Just like you did

Vramirez112
    Participant

Yesterday just like every weekday lately, I woke up at 6:00 AM giving myself barely enough time to get ready to go to work. I sleep with my phone underneath my pillow and when the alarm goes off it vibrates enough to wake me up. The alarm is originally set for 5:15 AM every morning but hitting the snooze button has become muscle memory. I wake up enough to realize its 6:00 AM and and now have 15 minutes to get ready and leave my house to make it to work by 6:30AM. I work for a construction management firm and our job site is in the Bronx just off the first exit from the Whitestone Bridge. Our job site is huge (14 acres) and most of the building structure is up already so driving in is just rolling through a swing gate to a 85′ tall warehouse, nearly pitch black, with just a few lights inside the warehouse shining through the cracks and windows. Work starts at around 7:00 AM and my work phone starts ringing at 7:01AM from multiple contractors asking questions or needing assistance. Our site is full of mud so my boots and bottom half of my legs are covered in mud by the end of the day at 3:30PM. I ended up staying at work til about 4:00PM with a bunch of safety compliance reports.

After that I left and made it home by 4:30PM. I sent my W2 and banking information to the tax guy my family uses and got some really good news about how much is getting returned to me this year. After that happened I had my Steel Fabrication class at 6PM which was the lab portion. It was at that time that I learned that we also meet at 4:00PM for the lecture portion of the class so that was interesting. Class went on until 7:30PM which was awesome because it was scheduled to go til 8:30 but the professor ended it early so that we would work on our first assignment. I was able to do the assignment pretty quickly and then my brother came over and we spent a couple hours talking about cyrptocurrency, apartments, family, and relationships. After all that I ended my day with a warm shower and threw myself into bed.

The “Implacable I” relates to my previous days events because it allows me to look back, observe, analyze some of the things that took place. Maybe I can’t remember everything that happened yesterday and maybe I can but there’s a unique reason for each situation. Maybe I can’t recall some of the things that happened or details from it because it wasn’t significant enough or it just simply didn’t matter to me at the time. The things I do remember is most likely because they were that important. It also lets others know how I see my day in my own eyes and thoughts and I’m sure all others saw it, thought it, and felt it differently.

Darrench3n
    Participant

I woke up at 11 am, cooked breakfast . Which was stir fry potato with meat. Afterward I cleaned my room until I had class at 2:30pm. Class was until 5pm which after class I went on twitter to see what was new. This lead to me finding out about the new happy meal toy at McDonald which was limited edition PokĆ©mon cards. I thought this was very neat, but I didn’t know that 2 hours later I would be getting a phone call from my friend. He told me I was getting 8 happy meal and I am going to owe for it. I was laughing when I heard this and then said I only want 4 but was convinced to get 8. At that moment I was very confused and excited about the whole situation. After getting the happy meals I eat the food that was with it. This was a dinner after all. Then I streamed myself opening the PokĆ©mon cards. I haven’t opened trading cards pack in a very long time nor have a stream opening packs before. This lead to a very crude stream of me opening and it looking a bit hard to watch, as well as me running to my basement to get card sleeve because I forgot. this was very funny and sad to watch at the same time. This relates to ā€œthe implacable Iā€ because I am able to express my point of view on these events and how I felt at the time of the events.

Janrobert Paulino
    Participant

I start my day on Wednesday in the afternoon, simply because I had lack of sleep the day before due to an early class and my sleeping schedule has been a mess for a long time now. I wake up at 2, and I go check up on my French Bulldog who always runs up to me and lays on his back so I can give him his belly rubs. I do my little “morning routine” and I call my boyfriend. Since he recently got covid he’s been off work so he’s able to enjoy his little vacation. Sometimes you just got to make the best out of the worst situations. So, our day progresses, I eat I talk with my mother, bother my sister and play with my dog till it’s finally 6:00 pm. It’s time to attend my Multimedia and Mobile class. We basically learn how to create apps on android devices by using an emulator, which allows us to run our codes on a fake phone on our computer. I am a CST major, so I have been having fun with all of my CST classes. I find them very interesting. Once class is over it’s finally time to relax. What’s the best way I can relax you might be thinking? Well by playing video games with my boyfriend of course. I am a gamer by heart. Since I was little video games have just been a part of me and my family. We always used to play Nintendo games back when I was younger. We still do but usually when everybody isn’t busy, I have owned almost every console and one day, who knows I might be able to create a game of my own. Anyways something disturbing ends up happening though. I love playing with my boyfriend we bond and connect but we encounter moments where other players in these gaming communities are just rude and disrespectful. I know Iā€™m a sensitive person and I try to not let things especially random people’s words affect me. But this person in particular started calling me and my boyfriendā€™s faggots and telling us that we should slit our necks. I know very graphic, but this is what was told to me and so as my boyfriend is trying to defend us, I simply am just frozen in shock. It amazes me how people these days can be so heartless and childish with the way they think and act. It was just a lot to take in and I no longer was having fun playing. I love my boyfriend so much though for just trying to make the situation lighthearted again. He’s honestly the best boyfriend and guy friend Iā€™ve ever had. I donā€™t usually do much during the days especially with covid around but that was my hectic day yesterday ha-ha.
    I donā€™t think Iā€™m a good writer because I feel like sometimes I struggle to get my point across, but relating this back to the ā€œImpacable Iā€ I just try my best to be as open as I can be so the reader can understand my emotions and the type of person I am.

Darrench3n
    Participant

Vramirez112

That is cool you know much you get back for you tax return. I still have to get mine done. I was nice to know you had a pretty good day.

Jennifer Sears
    Participant

This thread is now closed; we’ll discuss your ideas online.
    Prof. Sears

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.