SPE 1330: Effective Speaking

Type: value

specific purpose: To persuade my audiences about the non-profit organization Global Potential.

Central Idea:   The three facts about the organization and how they can be related to the

audience’s and their career.

Hey Prof. Davis, I had updated my speech Info. and here are they:

Type: Facts

Specific purpose: To persuade myaudiences about the non-profit organization call Global Potential.

Central Idea: The three facts of what is Global Potential, why youth like us can rely on this

organization, and how it’s relate to you all for your career and many Points of your life.

Introduction:

By showing hands how many of you like to travel to other countries?  And how many of you like to learn about a new culture and get to know about it?  Hi my name is Nayum, and today I’m here to give a persuasive speech about the three facts of what is Global Potential, why youth like us can rely on this organization, and how it’s relate to you all for your career and many points of your life.

(Internal Preview: Ok let’s talk about fact about what is Global Potential?)

Body

Main point 1:

According to the Global potential website, it gives chances to youth like us to volunteer on the organization and make a great impact on the world outside of U.S.A.  Global potential also know as GP, a non-profit organization, where youth like us get the chance to volunteer and travel to other countries such as Nicaragua, Dominican Republic and Haiti as a student, volunteer, and staff.  This organization works with mostly high school students and also there’s college students like us volunteer on the main office as an intern.  What this program does is, it recruits student from high school here in Ney York and Boston, and train them for six months on their after school time about the program, what they will do with the staff member and the community from each country, which are Nicaragua, D.R, and Haiti, when they go abroad for six weeks on their summer time. After that when they come back from the trip they stay involve with the organization till they graduate after one year.  During the year the students help recruits new members, get involve with community services in New York, Out of state, etc.

(Transition: Now that I’ve discussed with you all about what is GP, now let’s discuss

about why youth like us can rely on this organization.)

Main point 2:

“Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it”, once mentioned by Mahatma Gandhi.  I’ve had the same experience of this after I’d rely on GP.  This organization gives the power to youth so that we can make a great impact on the world out there.  And I’d the chance to do it by volunteering as a student, then going abroad for six weeks on Nicaragua, and share the human kind knowledge with the community people, also at the same time accomplish the hospitality from the community people.  Moreover, this wouldn’t happen if I’d not rely on GP.  So, As Gandhi mentioned even its not important, but still it’s important that we do it.

(Transition:  Now that I’ve informed you all about why you can rely on GP, so let’s talk

about how this organization can relate to your career and many Points of

your life. )

Main point 3:

This organization not only about doing community services and volunteers work,  it also gives youth the chances to youth to be intern as a filmmaker, office related works such as creating presentations using Microsoft power points, excel, word, etc.  And also get involve with professionals from different career fields on the special events like fundraising created by GP.  Moreover, going abroad in Nicaragua, DR or Haiti as a volunteer with this program gives a great opportunity to travel and get to know about new culture, and also sharing about your own culture with the community people that you will stay with for six weeks. So, this is a great opportunity for us to rely on as being youth.

Conclusion:

I.          In conclusion, today I’ve mentioned to you all the three facts about what is Global Potential, why you can rely on this organization, and how it can relate to you all with your career and many Points of your life.

II.        I hope now you’ve an idea of what is Global Potential, and hopefully there will be

a great impact in this world with the help of many of yours and be a part of Global Potential

Citation:

• Global Potential. Global Potential, n.p. 18 Nov. 2011.  Web. 18 Nov. 2011.
    <http://www.global-potential.org>.