SPE 1330: Effective Speaking

Informative Speech about air pollution

Topic: Air pollution

Specific Purpose: To inform my audience about two causes and one effect of air pollution.

Central Idea: The main two causes of air pollution and an effect of it in human body.

Introduction:

Hello, all of my audience, I want to start my speech by asking you guys that, How many of you know about Air pollution?  Well today in the modern world we use a lot thing that leads to the air pollution.  Whether its transportation, factory smoke, burning coals, etc.  Okay today I’m here to inform you guys by giving a speech about air pollution, and its causes and effects toward human kinds.

Cause 1:

There many causes out there that leads to air pollution and one of them is from transportation.  The cause of air pollution is most commonly known as large amount of smokes that comes from the traffic jam aka transportation.  This happens every day with the use of fossil fuels in cars, trucks, and other fuel used transportations.  According to Elian energy website it shows a statistics that in the year of 2004 about 134.4 billion gallons of oil have been used as fossil fuel. Well that was the one example from the year of 2004 but how about today?  This is the fact that shows our everyday use of fuel and causation of air pollution in this environment, also the rest of the world.

Cause 2:

Another example that causes the air pollution is the smoke that comes from factory that burns oil to produce things or products.  In the city or other places many factories produce smokes when the machines build products. Well one way it’s easier for human kinds not to work very hard because the machines are producing and doing the half of the jobs, however in another way the machines needs oil or other fuel source to run and which leads to produce smoke.  This smoke goes out to the atmosphere and mixes with the air to cause air pollution as many of us know.  Therefore, as consequences this cause leads to effects of human kind.

Effect:

There are many ways people get effect/impacted in their body for the cause of air pollution. And today almost everyone knows what asthma is, but doesn’t know, especially those who have lack of education problems, what’s the process or the condition to get affected with it in our human body. Moreover, when we inhale Oxygen from an area with very high level of air pollution can cause to get asthma, and have problems with breathing in and out.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, today I’ve informed you all, about the two causes and an effect of air pollution in our environment and world.  The causes of transportations and factories smoke, burning fuels, leads to air pollution.  And as consequences many of us victimize to asthma in our body.  I hope this will give you guys more idea about air pollution and how does it altering our human kinds.

Citation:

• Fuel-statistics. “Current Fuel Statistics.” Elian Energy. 2011-12. Web. 21
    Oct. 2011. <www.future-alternative-energy.net/fuel-statistics.html>.