Research & Documentation for the Information Age

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Group 1 podcast discussion

Fay
    Participant

Hi Group 1, what will be our topic? Please put some input, so we can get started.

Jin Guan
    Participant

Me and Thaer discussed that we will be using Privacy (Fundamental Personality Rights) or something about other privacy.

Luz Garcia
    Participant

I wasn’t there last class but what exactly are we supposed to do with the topic since ya already have one ?

Fay
    Participant

Hi, so we are going to do Privacy. What do we need to do now? i wasnt in the last class as well.. can someone help out here?

ThaerT
    Participant

Hey guys sorry for not being part of the discussion yet I just moved and didn’t have internet up until now. So just to catch Fay, Luz, and Lisagay up to speed we need to pick a topic to be discussed in a short podcast (5-10 minutes long). Each of us are basically responsible for writing a script for the podcast including the content to back up the topic we are discussing. Jin Song and I were discussing privacy online, to what extent is our information really secured online, how can we better protect our digital identity etc. Professor Almeida told us we can do something specific like just discussing Facebook’s social media content.

ThaerT
    Participant

What I was thinking was that each of us could discuss the privacy rights of a specific social network and what better ways we can protect ourselves on that network, example: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, tumbler, MySpace etc. This is just my idea though, I was wondering what you guys think and what are some of your ideas?

Luz Garcia
    Participant

I think that’s a good idea. We should talk about the most social network used like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and discuss different ways how we basically have no privacy and different ways we can protect our self. So its basically the same as what Thaer said.

Fay
    Participant

Yes, we can even mention about “check in”from Facebook.. many businesses want people to check in the place to help them promote the business and let their Facebook friends knows. On the other hand,u r telling people exactly when and where you at and who you with etc.

Fay
    Participant

http://gawker.com/5616329/the-first-thing-you-should-do-with-facebook-places-dont-let-other-people-tag-you

Above is the website article about pros and cons on “check in” and show you how to eliminate and de-tag yourself from others.

Fay
    Participant

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/social.media/08/19/facebook.places.privacy/

Thus is another article from CNN saying Facebook raised more privacy concern.. we could use it as an example for or podcast.

ThaerT
    Participant

That’s good, so are we sticking with Facebook specifically or are we talking about social network as a whole?

ThaerT
    Participant

Found this interesting article on privacy issues with social media.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/08/data-online-behavior-research/5781447/

Luz Garcia
    Participant

We can talk about social network as a whole but focus mainly on Facebook since there is so much we can discuss .

Fay
    Participant

I agree, and use the articles to support

Lisagay
    Participant

Facebook is the domonant Social Networking in the classroom because of this of this the privacy issues are much larger. Also, the age range for Facebook. Many of us act then think thus, imagine school age children.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.