Philosophy

active 10 years, 11 months ago
Philosophy
This Project is OPEN.
Project Description

I believe my nursing philosophy to be unique due to the belief system that has been organically constructed throughout my life. I believe that to be the best nurse I can be I must constantly be striving for excellence and that patient care always comes first.

Besides the obvious knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and pharmacology, nurses should keep up with their technical skill. I see the constantly growing scientific and technological world as a chance to update my nursing practices to better serve any community I may be working in. Regardless of the type of environment or community, caring as well as connecting with patients, remain at the heart of my philosophy. Without the ability to understand the patient and take into account their personal beliefs a nurse is not giving each patient the attention that is necessary for optimal care.

A nursing degree is more than a technical skill; it can completely change how you view life. To have the ability to help others sets my mind at ease, especially knowing I have the ability to give back to my community. I earned not only a skill set, but the knowledge that healing runs deeper than just medicine; it involves human connection and compassion.

Although I am describing my philosophy of nursing, I strive to embody the traits I describe not only in my career, but in all aspects of my life. I hope that by applying this philosophy I can start a long career in caring for patients, wherever and whenever I am needed.

Acknowledgements

This project was created by: Kathleen B. Cahill, R.N.

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.