OpenLab Pioneers!

• Invitations to Sites
  • #12403

Michelle

Hi, I’m not sure how this occurred but somehow my student invited me to my own course! Is this supposed to happen???

#14277

Jody R. Rosen

Hi Michelle,

That sounds interesting! Could you fill me in on some of the details–did the invitation come via email or through the OpenLab notifications? Do any of your students have roles above Author? Thanks for letting us know.

Best,
    Jody

#14278

Elizabeth Alsop

Hi Michelle,

Yes, let us know! We actually just got a query from a student who mentioned ‘sending an invite’ to their professor. I’m following up for more details, so hopefully (if this is the same student) we can figure out what happened?

Thanks!
    Elizabeth

#14279

Maura A. Smale

Hi everyone,

Michelle, thanks for posting this question. This is actually a feature, not a bug. In public courses (and projects and clubs), any member can invite others to join. I’m wondering if your student may have just been looking around the course and experimenting with the various options?

However, I do see an issue with your course which is that you are no longer the course administrator, for some reason. I will raise that as a bug with the developers.

Best,
    Maura

#14280

Scott

It’s interesting, though, that the system doesn’t tell the student that she’s already a member of the course (or even that she’s the creator of the course). I’m not sure about this, but it seems like that might be a helpful feature for future iterations.

Best,
    Scott

#14281

Michelle

Hi,
    It did come through as an email notification via openlab because I have it set up so everything is emailed to me. So it came through as an invitation to the openlab to the NUR 1030 course. I have my settings so that it is not open to the world, but is open to CUNY. Not being administrator could be the issue! Don’t know how that happened though. Thanks for checking.
    Michelle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)