OpenLab Pioneers!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Invitations to Sites

Michelle
    Participant

Hi, I’m not sure how this occurred but somehow my student invited me to my own course! Is this supposed to happen???

Jody R. Rosen
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

That sounds interesting! Could you fill me in on some of the details–did the invitation come via email or through the OpenLab notifications? Do any of your students have roles above Author? Thanks for letting us know.

Best,
    Jody

Elizabeth Alsop
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

Yes, let us know! We actually just got a query from a student who mentioned ‘sending an invite’ to their professor. I’m following up for more details, so hopefully (if this is the same student) we can figure out what happened?

Thanks!
    Elizabeth

Maura A. Smale
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Michelle, thanks for posting this question. This is actually a feature, not a bug. In public courses (and projects and clubs), any member can invite others to join. I’m wondering if your student may have just been looking around the course and experimenting with the various options?

However, I do see an issue with your course which is that you are no longer the course administrator, for some reason. I will raise that as a bug with the developers.

Best,
    Maura

Scott
    Participant

It’s interesting, though, that the system doesn’t tell the student that she’s already a member of the course (or even that she’s the creator of the course). I’m not sure about this, but it seems like that might be a helpful feature for future iterations.

Best,
    Scott

Michelle
    Participant

Hi,
    It did come through as an email notification via openlab because I have it set up so everything is emailed to me. So it came through as an invitation to the openlab to the NUR 1030 course. I have my settings so that it is not open to the world, but is open to CUNY. Not being administrator could be the issue! Don’t know how that happened though. Thanks for checking.
    Michelle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.