OpenLab Pioneers!

• Course Group
  • #12303

Daniel Alter

Interesting. I am using menus to create my own tabs. I didn’t include Course Group tab but rather labeled it as open lab. I felt it was more descriptive, however the Course Group tab seems to be defaulted there and they both appear on top. So do I need to remove the Open Lab tab and revert to the Course Group tab or is there a way of removing it? IT doesn’t appear in my menus dashboard.

Thank you,
    Danny

#14031

Scott

Yes Danny, the Course Group page is a default page which was recently added in response to the faculty feeling that course sites needed to be standardized. The hope is that by standardizing the name students would know where to go to get back on any of the courses they’re members of. So it doesn’t appear under pages and can’t be adjusted using the custom menus. Seems like the best solution then is to remove your ‘open lab’ tab. Hope that helps.

Best,
    Scott

#14032

Elizabeth Alsop

Hi Daniel,

I just wanted to add that I believe there are plans to change the titles of two of the default pages, so that “Course Group” will become “Course Home,” and “Home” will become “Site Home,” if that makes sense. The thinking was that this might help to further clarify the two sides of the course.

Best,
    Elizabeth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)