MUS1210 Musical Styles, FA2015

active 5 years, 2 months ago
MUS1210 Musical Styles, FA2015
Humanities

Basic elements of music—pitch, tone color, rhythm, melody, harmony, form and others—are studied first.
The study of musical elements is followed by a chronological survey of music style periods, focusing on the relationship between music and narrative. Major composers and their musical contributions to Western civilization including
symphonic, choral, chamber and operatic compositions in each period are covered.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Daniel Blake

Symphony No 5 under the direction of Jaap Van Zweden

I am lookin to hearing Beethoven most famous Symphony the No 5.  Beethoven was a genius, who went […] See MoreSymphony No 5 under the direction of Jaap Van Zweden

Lang Lang performance October 23rd, 2015

Our group, (Ye Jin, Akeeb, Franz) will be attending a performance by Lang Lang, The megastar […] See MoreLang Lang performance October 23rd, 2015

AXIOM JUILLIRAD CONCERT

My group and I would be attending this concert on the 10th of October. We are looking forward to […] See MoreAXIOM JUILLIRAD CONCERT

Comment on "Gonzalezvet, John, Andrea and Mohamed’s concert post"

I was listening to "STRAUSS Suite in B-flat Major, Op. 4" to me it sounded at first slow […] See MoreComment on "Gonzalezvet, John, Andrea and Mohamed’s concert post"

Comment on "Group 1: Xijin Zhao, Byron Guillen, Fanzhong Zeng"

I listen to one of the song he is going to preform and i really enjoy it. Can't wait for the […] See MoreComment on "Group 1: Xijin Zhao, Byron Guillen, Fanzhong Zeng"

I am looking forward in going to this concert. This is the first classic music concert that i will […] See MoreComment on "Group 1: Xijin Zhao, Byron Guillen, Fanzhong Zeng"

Concert Venues

This is Glenda from group 6. 1 am looking forward to being part of this free concert because it will feature Classical Chamber Music. The String and voice performance by these Classical Players will further arouse my interesting of […] See MoreConcert Venues