MAT2572 Probability w/ Statistics, FA2017

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• statistics in math education--DanpingZ

DanpingZ
    Participant

My career goal is to be a high school math teacher. I strongly feel that statistics and probability are very important in my career field.
    Statistics and probability is a branch of mathematics and was taught in mathematics courses in grades K–12 in the United States. So as a high school math teacher, I have to learn and understand very well before I go to teach. Statistics and probability problems are widely used in our life, which I think could be used to increase students’ interest in learning math.
    Statistics also provides tools for educational development by collecting, organizing and analyzing data. It helps teachers to develop their teaching skills and teaching method. For example, teachers can evaluate individual student’s progress; evaluate the performance of a class compared to state or national data; statistics data from a survey could give teachers a feedback on how a teaching method works or what needs to be developed; statistics data from an exam problems could give teachers an idea of problem evaluation.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by DanpingZ.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.