MAT 1175 – Fundamentals of Mathematics

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Individual Progress Report #2

ana15

Ana Valerio
    Group #15

So last thursday when me and my group finally had a chance to meet up we exchanged numbers and started brain storming about our project. we came up with the idea that for the visual part we would each take pictures of the trains we take to and from school, and since i live on staten island i would also incorporate the ferry. we each take different trains so were going to have all different forms of transportation in our project. as for the math part we want to calculate the time it takes for each of us to get to the school, from the moment we leave our house to the time we sit in our seats. and turning all of our information into a big word problem and turning that word problem into our slide show presentation. we have alot of work to get done but im excited now that we have an actual plan. we still havnt decided who is going to do what yet but i would like if i could do the visual part, maybe make a 3d model of my train or ferry i take and incorporate that somehow. either way our project is going to get done and its going to be nice.

ana15

Ana Valerio
    Group #15

So last thursday when me and my group finally had a chance to meet up we exchanged numbers and started brain storming about our project. we came up with the idea that for the visual part we would each take pictures of the trains we take to and from school, and since i live on staten island i would also incorporate the ferry. we each take different trains so were going to have all different forms of transportation in our project. as for the math part we want to calculate the time it takes for each of us to get to the school, from the moment we leave our house to the time we sit in our seats. and turning all of our information into a big word problem and turning that word problem into our slide show presentation. we have alot of work to get done but im excited now that we have an actual plan. we still havnt decided who is going to do what yet but i would like if i could do the visual part, maybe make a 3d model of my train or ferry i take and incorporate that somehow. either way our project is going to get done and its going to be nice.

ana15

Ana Valerio
    Group #15

awiltshire

Sandy W.
    Pro halleck
    Group #15
    So I finally get to get a chance to get online and post, meeting my group members FINALLY, we talked about what we needed to do to get the project done. The ideas we came up with were great, hopefully we can accomplish them in time. We will calculate all of our time and distance to each others and come up with an equation to solve. We have to also make a poster of pictures etc, for our hand on component of the project. I will help with everything. We all seem to be extremely busy outside of class to meet up, but somehow we need to meet up and get the hands on component completed.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.