Keith Guo’s ePortfolio

Keith Guo’s ePortfolio
This ePortfolio Profile is OPEN, but only logged-in OpenLab members may view the ePortfolio Site.
Mathematics
Portfolio Description

I am taking the class ADV1100 which is Graphic Design Principles. It is not require for my major. I am taking it for my personal interest. Also I may consider getting my second degree in Graphic Design and this class is the stepping stone taking me to the next level. I would like to become a great Graphic Art Designer. The type of work that interest me is magazine printings. The reason is magazine has a lot of beautiful art work and professional picture. I use a lot of those printing and pictures to get my project done. The design process That I prefer I think that is design things in Adobe Illustrator first because I can get the result quickly. Than use the result to sketch on a Bristol board. For example, The first project that we have done we cutting a Bristol board into four 4 inches square windows. Using black drawing paper crating shapes. Cut out the shapes and glue them under the four windows. Through this process we create a figure/ground relationship so that helping us understand the concept of figures and ground relations. Even though illustrator gives you the fast result, I like hand crafting and sketching part because they gave me a sense of accomplishment. In the future, I would interested in collaborating on handcrafting and drawing.

Member Profile

Acknowledgements

This ePortfolio was created by: keithguo