HUS3605 Child Welfare and Family Services

• Session#1
  • #44229

ShoyaG

ShoyaG

September 1, 2017 at 12:53 am
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Orphan Train

Charles L Brace wanted to place children in homes throughout the West in hopes this would be a solution to overcrowding. Some children received loving homes and others faced abuse and neglect. The Orphan Train united 250,000 orphans to families across America.

Mary Ellen Wilson

This was a very sad and “bone chilling” video especially to hear the child’s voice telling the horrific details of her what her daily life is like. Mary’s bed was a carpet, and she was whipped everyday. The breaking point of the video when she mentioned that “there was no memory of affection”. Finally, Mary was rescued by Henry Berg with information from Etta Angell Wheeler, I thought yes!!! I think the best part of the video was to hear that Mary had two daughters of her own. Mary and her daughters all died at the age of 91, wow….

The Astor Organization (Services for Children and Families)

I think this is a good organization. The people in the video seem caring and dedicated to the success of the children. I noticed that they work with children on a long term basis if necessary. Being present throughout a child’s life is key to this organization.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)