HUS 3609

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Jenkem Discussion

mgarfinkle
    Participant

Add your thoughts here

AThomas
    Participant

As a mother, I think that this is interesting to know. I think that today you have to be proactive when it comes to your children, the streets, and peer pressure. In this particular situation I think I would let my child know about the harsh torment you are putting your body through.

Andres A. Anderson
    Participant

I don’t think that “jenkem” will ever become a mainstream drug, although pretty much everyone has access to a bottle, balloon and their own waste. Before today i’d never heard of it– which is not surprising.

Cathy B
    Participant

I had no idea this method of mind altering drug existed? According to discussion, it has been around since 2007. This is a desperate cry for help, after all this is a body fluid and solid waste>

Angelika
    Participant

I think that just like Jenkem, different types of drugs and ways to get high will be out there for people to try and use. It’s important to know what is out there especially for people who have kids who go through peer pressure.

smiller
    Participant

THIS PRACTICE IS VERY UNSANITARY AND MIND BOGGLING TO ME. HOWEVER,AS HUMAN SERVICE WORKERS WE NEED TO BE IN THE LOOP WITH THESE THINGS, IN ORDER TO BE EFFECTIVE WORKERS.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by smiller.

Tisha Stewart
    Participant

Ive never heard of Jenkem before today, just hearing about it makes me feel sick. I cant imagine someone using there own feces as a way to get high. However it is very interesting and informative to learn about what is going on around the world, especially in working with adolescents. This topic makes me wonder what other weird methods of getting high is out there.

Ashley
    Participant

Today was the first time of me hearing about Jenkem. I believe everyone should be aware about everything that is going on in the world, specially when its pertaining to kids getting high in weird ways. Every parent should be aware of this new thing going on.

Nathalie
    Participant

I was late to class today. Can you please tell what the whole Jenkem thing is about? Thanks

yasmin411
    Participant

Shocking…the extent people will go to experience the similar effects to ingested cocaine, but with stronger hallucination symptoms. As mentioned before by Mandy, jenkem would most likely not be a mainstream (or preferable drug choice) and apparently is a method prompted by either peer pressure or alleviation of boredom. Taking into great consideration, the danger that comes along with this drug is its accessibility to adolescents and teenagers, as well as, the side-effect of hypoxia, a dangerous lack of oxygen flow to the body, which may lead to: systematic inflammation, skeletal muscle dysfunction, or neurocognitive dysfunction.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.