HUS 3609

• Jenkem Discussion
  • #29532

mgarfinkle

Add your thoughts here

#29534

AThomas

As a mother, I think that this is interesting to know. I think that today you have to be proactive when it comes to your children, the streets, and peer pressure. In this particular situation I think I would let my child know about the harsh torment you are putting your body through.

#29536

Andres A. Anderson

I don’t think that “jenkem” will ever become a mainstream drug, although pretty much everyone has access to a bottle, balloon and their own waste. Before today i’d never heard of it– which is not surprising.

#29537

Cathy B

I had no idea this method of mind altering drug existed? According to discussion, it has been around since 2007. This is a desperate cry for help, after all this is a body fluid and solid waste>

#29539

Angelika

I think that just like Jenkem, different types of drugs and ways to get high will be out there for people to try and use. It’s important to know what is out there especially for people who have kids who go through peer pressure.

#29540

smiller

THIS PRACTICE IS VERY UNSANITARY AND MIND BOGGLING TO ME. HOWEVER,AS HUMAN SERVICE WORKERS WE NEED TO BE IN THE LOOP WITH THESE THINGS, IN ORDER TO BE EFFECTIVE WORKERS.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by smiller.
    #29544

Tisha Stewart

Ive never heard of Jenkem before today, just hearing about it makes me feel sick. I cant imagine someone using there own feces as a way to get high. However it is very interesting and informative to learn about what is going on around the world, especially in working with adolescents. This topic makes me wonder what other weird methods of getting high is out there.

#29546

Ashley

Today was the first time of me hearing about Jenkem. I believe everyone should be aware about everything that is going on in the world, specially when its pertaining to kids getting high in weird ways. Every parent should be aware of this new thing going on.

#29547

Nathalie

I was late to class today. Can you please tell what the whole Jenkem thing is about? Thanks

#29611

yasmin411

Shocking…the extent people will go to experience the similar effects to ingested cocaine, but with stronger hallucination symptoms. As mentioned before by Mandy, jenkem would most likely not be a mainstream (or preferable drug choice) and apparently is a method prompted by either peer pressure or alleviation of boredom. Taking into great consideration, the danger that comes along with this drug is its accessibility to adolescents and teenagers, as well as, the side-effect of hypoxia, a dangerous lack of oxygen flow to the body, which may lead to: systematic inflammation, skeletal muscle dysfunction, or neurocognitive dysfunction.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)