HUS 1203, Fall 2017

• Professional Essay
  • #45464

Leo

Leonardo Sartorio Dr.Abdur-Rahman
    HUS 1203 22 October 2017

Professional Essay

My name is Leonardo Sartorio and I am a Sergeant for the U.S. Army. Born in Argentina then moved to New York City with my family at the age of Eight. I attended John Adams High School and graduated at the age of 17. Went straight to college where I attended City Tech majoring in Architectural Technology for 4 years. I joined the U.S. Army at the age of 23 and I was sent overseas to Germany where I did a tour of Three full years. While on my overseas tour I traveled all over Europe experiencing diverse cultures and races. I am currently pursuing my bachelors in Human Services. This is my professional essay.
    I decided to pursuit my career in Human Services a couple months after I finished my overseas tour in Germany. Being a veteran and coming back to the civilian life was not an easy adjustment. But there were all these special programs for veterans that helped me get back on my feet. I decided I wanted to help veterans in need.
    Dedication, motivation, and resilience are key characteristics about myself. Being dedicated will help me with the Human Service profession because I will be dedicated helping others and fulfilling their needs. I will be motivated every day to come to work and be ready to help a client. And I will be resilient when needed. Being resilient has helped me get back on my feet because sometimes life is not easy. I know when or if I had a dreadful day I would have to fight through and make the best out of it. I have been blessed with great supervisors throughout my military career. I consider myself a great knowledgeable leader and I take diligent care of my soldiers. I am ready to take on a new field and be a leader in the Human Services profession.
    22 veterans die every day from suicide. Our undivided attention is needed towards these brave men and women who serve our country so we can live our lives in peace. Therefore, I want to help veterans in need for example with economical and financial problems, post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse, and homeless veterans. I think since I am a veteran I can relate to them and they will be more open on getting help. Being in the Human Services has helped me to be more empathetic towards people. Before I was very strict and I would get very upset when my soldiers would do something they were not supposed to do. But since I am studying Human Services I learned to understand others and view things from their standing point.
    From the day I graduate to ten years onward I see myself being a supervisor at a Veterans center or at the Veterans Affairs Hospital. Having a wide range of expertise and being the best at what I do. I will pass my knowledge to on coming interns and make sure they get the best out of me by leading the way by example. By this time, I will be close to my retirement with the U.S Army and I expect to be using my Human Services skills in the Army as well.
    Getting to where I want to be in life will not be easy. But it will be all up to me how good and how far I want to get with this profession. Being a Human Service professional is a goal I want to achieve because helping others makes me feel great as a person. I owe everything to the military and of my way of gratitude I will help Veterans in need.

#45467

Yamena

Great essay, hope you will help the veterans.

#45790

Dr. Abdur-Rahman

Nice essay. There are a lot of grammar issues that need to be revised but the content is good. Be sure to get some help from the writing center and reword the last paragraph.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)