HUS 1203, Fall 2017

• Cristal Hilario Professional Essay
  • #45511

Cristal Hilario

Cristal Hilario
    Hus 1203
    10/24/2017
    Professional essay

My name is Cristal Hilario, I am 24 years old, born in the Dominican Republic, raised in the Bronx, NY. I first came to the United States when I was 3 years old. Both of my parents are from the Dominican Republic. I am the last child from both of my parents. Being the baby of the family, growing up I was overprotected by my parents, brothers, and sisters. However growing up in a big family like mines helped me with building strong relationships with my family members and also strong friendships with friends. I believe one of the reasons why I tend to care a lot about others is because I’ve always had people around me who were always willing to care for me. Growing up primarily around older adults, it helped me become this mature young adult that I am today.

When I embarked my college journey, my first major was dental hygiene, and from there I changed my major to physical therapist assistant. However, I realized neither of these professions was what I really wanted to do. I later took a break from school for about a year. Once I was ready to go back to school, I transferred to City Tech and enrolled in the human services program. I chose to go with Human Services because is a broad major that offers many different careers path. I was a bit confused at first and I didn’t know in which direction to go, however with time I’ve come to the conclusion that counseling is the profession that I want to obtain. One of my best personal strength is my ability to listen and give my best advice. The population I would like to work with is teens and young adults.

In conclusion, I look forward to the last few semesters I have left here at City Tech, I trust that I’ll graduate with all the knowledge I need to succeed in a career as a Human Service provider.

#45788

Dr. Abdur-Rahman

Your essay is underdeveloped and has some grammar issues that need to be corrected. Also you did not fully answer all components of the assignment. Your essay needs an intro and conclusion to what your paper discusses.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)