HMGT4901-D484-33741

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Del Posto

Last weeks class was very intriguing because we had an opportunity to have a restaurant tour of Del Posto. Del Posto located 85 10th Avenue is a fine dining Italian restaurant with very a fine reputation in the restaurant world. Being a senior and studying the hospitality management field this tour was very informative to those who want to be apart of or own a piece of the “Hospitality World”. Del Posto has a restaurant concept of fine dining which taste levels and service is Michelin star worthy so having a chance to have restaurant tour by Thomas and Dana gave me insight on how this particular restaurant seems to flourish and stay successful with other competiton throughout the meatpacking district area and New York City.
    When I first walked into the restaurant the space, the decor and the ambiance of the restaurant was amazing and it wasn’t operating hours so I can imagine how delightful it is during operating hours. Since I’m working on the Wine and Beverage sector of the hospitality field my glance is always at the bar. Working at a upscale cocktail speakeasy in the city it’s particular aspects I look at while serivcescaping a bar. Some of those aspects are which bar tools are used to prepare a cocktail, which spirits do you promote behind the bar for guest to choose. What are your wine selections and much more.
    Del Posto bar was very nice functioning size and while the mixologist was prepping I can tell I would be able to come and get a great fresh cocktail or enjoy a nice glass of wine. I’m a fan of Wines of the Old World and Thomas specified that all wines that are served are from Italy. Which that’s awesome because it goes with the theme of the restaurant.
    Del Posto have three floor’s which is great size. So they are able to sit a good amount of guest and host private dinings. The downstairs “Hall of Wines” which is a hall of Italian wines is fascinating and the rooms where private dining are beautiful.
    Some important informative information to how Del Posto is successful beside the decor is the food preparation methods. Having a chance to see the kitchen behind the scenes was also informative. Dana the back of the house manager explained how they always stay on top of food sanitation, allergies and dietary restrictions, so it’s something on the menu to appeal to every type of guest that dine at the restaurant. Another important part is how Del Posto train their staff. Without the perfect staff your restaurant won’t succeed. It was explained that staff members that want to be promoted in the ranks have to start from the bottom level and work all positions to rise in the ranks. I feel those training proceeds are successful training methods in running a successful operation.
    In managing a restaurant and becoming a successful manager beside having the book knowledge I feel having hands on training and a feel for one of your employee positions gives you a better insight on how to manage and run a successful staff. Also they both explained how they show employee satisfaction by keeping the employee satisfied.
    The experience of Del Posto restaurant tour was great and informative and now from the restaurant tour I can add Del Posto to list of fine dining restaurants I want to visit throughout NYC.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.