HMGT2305-D448-28097

• NY Times Restaurant Review
  • #39336

SaarrahRahim

Pete Wells visited Günter Seeger, a restaurant known for Mr.Seeger’s lyrical cooking. Wells explained that Mr. Seeger’s vision does not always follow through and this is his disadvantage. Mr. Seeger seems to have a very unique way of running his restaurant. He does not provide valet parking and he used to charge $185 per ticket for a customer including service. Now he offers reservations,and the restaurant’s website also shows the day’s menu, priced at $148 before tip and tax. Wells describes that the kitchen is in open display, and the dining room is not fabricated and bare. The food however is deeply expressive and the ingredients each have their own voice.

I thought it was particularly surprising that a server wheeled out Parmigiano-Reggiano the size of a wedding cake to the table and served it as a the cheese course. I was also intrigued to learn that Mr. Seeger forms his menu everyday as he shops or talks to his importers. Mr. Seeger’s choice of service is challenging in a sense to some. He does have a talent when it comes to finding his impeccable ingredients. I don’t think I would dine at Günter Seeger because I would like to know what I’m eating before I pay for it. For others who may enjoy this type of anticipation, I would recommend this restaurant to them.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by SaarrahRahim.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)