HMGT 3502

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• my research topic and why Ramiro Peregrina

ramiro
    Participant

I am choosing to look into food waste in our industry to show how it can effect
    food cost but production as well. I have been a cook for a couple of years now and it drives me insane when I see someone throw scraps or or cuts to much off the top of a carrot and throws it away ,when I know that the majority of the things thrown out are useful for other things like composting. At the end of the day farms, grocery stores, and restaurants roughly throw out 60 tons of edible food out. I want to be able to find ways that this can be prevented or at the very least find out ways how to minimize it.

ramiro
    Participant

in search of answers to my topic I’ve found that i want to about my topic i notice that there is so many ways that people and organizations are trying to minimize and to try educate people to stop food waste. for example there is a machine that turns food matter into high nutrient liquid. after its turned into a liquid it is then able to be made into organic fertilizer. therefore it is then able to used in fields to grow fresh food.

ramiro
    Participant

my topic is about food waste in the world and before i started to look into the topic i didn’t know much of what was going on and i only thought that it was just food that wasn’t eaten in restaurants and spoiled food or to much of trimmings. but i was pretty much dead wrong it is so ,such bigger there is about 160 tons of food waste only in america and a lot of it is because we produce more that enough food to feed other neighboring countries and all the mass produced food that doesn’t get bought from the marktes get thrown out

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.