HIST 1103 OER

active 2 weeks, 2 days ago
HIST 1103 OER
Social Science

This course is a chronological and thematic introduction to the history of Western interactions with the wider world from the late 1800s to the present, emphasizing the following events: the rise of nationalism in Europe and the race for empire in the late 19th century, the First World War, the interwar years, the Second World War, the Cold War, the post-Cold War world and the effects of globalization. It explores how the United State engaged with the Soviet Union via proxy wars and spheres of influence via third parties in Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East. It shows students the cultural, social and political background and implications of this important period in history.

About

My name is Stephanie Boyle and I am the teacher of this course. I am an historian of modern […] See MoreAbout

Barbara You are the only one who had any issue with my email. You also could have come to my […] See More

Hello I am unable to access your email through what is listed on the syllabus as […] See More

Hi Jose, Please post this information on Blackboard in the discussion forum that is posted daily. Thank you See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.