Guerda Dorvil’s ePortfolio

Guerda Dorvil's ePortfolio
This ePortfolio Profile is PRIVATE, but all logged-in OpenLab members may view the ePortfolio Site.
Nursing
Portfolio Description

Nur4010 HD21 FA2017
The objective of this ePortfolio is to share information about impacts of this clinical class which has allowed me to acquire new knowledge and gain new experience that may be utilized in my career. In fact, community nursing is different to traditional nursing where clinician nurses working at the patient’s bedside on a specific unit are delivering care during a typical shift. The community health nurse is involved with clients,or groups of clients and families of different ages and must provide services such as prevention, health management, health education, public health etc, by audio visual techniques. The CHN still uses the nursing process at a macro or global level.
Thus, at the beginning of the course, my classmates and me under the guidance of our professor, we have explored the different aspects of the community of Stein Center online, and by physical observation. We have assessed the available resources of the areas in order to set the needs of Stein Center members. We act professionally, in respect to HIPAA, the ANA standards practice, to the client’s culture, etc. Each week, the class is divided in groups who monitor vital signs, who do exercises,who provide help with lunch, who present a topic on health education, health management,health issues, diet, etc. All these services are provided in collaboration with center staff. The main part of our activities consists in the preparation of our health fair which will take place soon. The health fair is developed to reach the most attendees possible with the presence of various contractors from multiple areas. In two weeks, we will evaluate the outcomes of the health fair. In fact, this class allows me to understand how some areas such as economy, politics, social, and demographics affect the health care delivery system.

Member Profile

Acknowledgements

This ePortfolio was created by: Garline Guerda Dorvil