Graphic Communications Workshop

active 9 years, 6 months ago
Graphic Communications Workshop
Communication Design
GRA1111
Spring 2012

This course introduces students to core concepts in the graphic communications field. Lectures will provide historical perspective as well as examining current practice and future media trends. Students will examine and work with digital technologies for print and the web such as Portable Document Formats (PDF) and Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (XHTML). Examination of the role of typography, paper, color theory and image capture in the design and production process. Students will also use the OpenLab website (http://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/) during the course. There will be at least one field trip, which will be an integral part of the course.

1 class hr, 2 lab hrs, 2 credits

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Prof. Mary Brown

Some Good Advice for Young Designers

Some of you may have decided to do graphic design because you thought that it would be easy. There […] See MoreSome Good Advice for Young Designers

The Great Googa Mooga

I was intrigued by the design for the recent Great GoogaMooga festival in Prospect […] See MoreThe Great Googa Mooga

Comment on "The Great Googa Mooga"

I like this design as well! It has that funky carnival-like design to it. It definitely matches […] See MoreComment on "The Great Googa Mooga"

Comment on "Free Fonts"

Typography is so important, having access to as many different fonts as possible is great. I […] See MoreComment on "Free Fonts"

Comment on "Something interesting.."

I have used tuts+ a bunch of times for different projects and tutorials to learn the adobe […] See MoreComment on "Something interesting.."

Every Day Graphics

I found this logo for the front of a store in Vienna and I really like this kind of design, that is very stylized and charecteristic of the 50's and 60's while still seeming modern even in present day. There are more designs like this […] See MoreEvery Day Graphics

Free Fonts

yes, its nice. I've been using it for a long time See MoreFree Fonts