Films from Literature ENG 2400

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• ans of september 4

afrina nishat
    Participant

1a) Metaphor is a figure of speech that makes an implicit between two things that are unrelated but which share some common characterstics. On the other hand simile is a figure of speech that compares two different things in an interesting way. simile is slightly different from metaphor.

b) exmaple: He is as fool as donkey. this is an example of simile.
    example: he is a donkey. This is an example of metaphor.

2a) Alliteration: Alliteration is the conspicuous repetition of identical consonant sounds in successive or closely associated syllables within a group of words.

b) example: Rain races, Ripping like wind.

3a) Personification: The attribution of a personal nature or human characterstics to something non human.

b) example: I can see that news travels quickly.

4a) parallelism : parallel structure or parallel construction within one or more sentences of similar phrases or clauses that have the same grammatical structure.

b) Example: Not only the car is expensive but also it is unsafe.

Raudy Duran
    Participant

1a) Simile is a literary term where you use “like” or “as” to compare two different things and show a common quality between them.
    b) Her cheeks are red like a rose.

2a) Alliteration is the commencement of two or more stressed syllables of a word group either with the same consonant sound or sound group.
    b) She sells seashells by the seashore.

3a) Personification happens where an entity or concept is represented as a person, in literature or in art, as an anthropomorphic representation.
    b) My alarm clock yells at me to get out of bed every morning.

4a) Parallelism is the use of components in a phrase that is grammatically the same; or similar in their construction, sound, meaning, or meter.
    b) Like father, like son.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.