Films from Literature ENG 2400

• Ajay Tom ENG 2400 Document #4
  • #68096

Ajay

4. Presentation “Sexual Symbolism.avi.”

4d. Name two or three different things you feel you learned.
    One different thing I learned was that The Empire State Building has been referred to as the ultimate phallic symbol that I didn’t know before.
    Another thing I learned was that in the scene of Tom Jones Movie in 1963 with women eating a banana with seduction with food to attract someone became the most famous scene in this Oscar winning classic which was very interesting I didn’t know before.

4e. Mention something you liked about the presentation.
    I liked about in this presentation was that the interpretations of how the filmmakers used sexual symbols to deliver the character development in films.

4f. Ask at least one question that now comes to mind about this presentation.

Who was the first filmmaker to use sexual symbolism in a film?

#68097

Ajay

Presentation “Cinema II f20.avi”

a. Name three different things you feel you learned.
    The one thing I feel I learned was that decades ago some landlines used party line phone numbers shared by strangers at different addresses.
    Another thing I felt that I learned was that split screens in films were used in different locations and the same locations to do phone conversations.
    Another thing I felt that I learned was that before home videos were made, with relatively smaller screens than in the past there were cinematographers that worked on a broader “canvas”.

b. Mention something you liked about the presentation.
    I liked about this presentation was that mirrors were used to show moments of reflection, both the physical and emotional kind but are also used for moments of deception, comparison and delusion. Also in this presentation interprets the visual power of these moments that has been used in cinematic narratives beginning at dawn and continuing to the present day.

c. Ask at least one question that now comes to mind about this presentation.

The one question that now comes to my mind about this presentation is what was the first film that used Elliptical editing?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)