ENT4900/4901 Internship

• Ehis Igbinosa weekly Journals
  • #40747

Ehis

I was privileged to intern in the field i enjoy the most in Entertainment. My goal as an Entertainment Technology major is to improve my skills and focus more on the sound and video/photography department. I started interning at a local church in the Bronx NY “Christ Delight Ministries” as a sound & Media Engineer (Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturday & Sundays) and a local Media/Photography house “Maxwel Jennings” also located in the Bronx session of New York City.

WEEK : 1 –

Meet up with the head personal at the Church to discuss my task and weekly activities of the church. I also met up with the supervisor at Jenny’s Media house to review weekly schedule and upcoming events that we would be covering.
    TOTAL HOURS – 4

WEEK 2:

Arrived at the church on their Tuesday (Bible Studies) scheduled for 7:30pm – 9:30pm. I came 2 hours before service time and rearranged the Sound systems (Mixer , speakers, Amps and cables) in order to ensure a good sound flow.
    Friday (Prayer Services) 7:30pm – 9:30pm my task was to provide adequate sound and video projector slides for the choristers.
    Saturday – Choir meet for practice in preparation for Sunday Service. 5pm – 7pm
    Sunday – Switched up equipment for the service and regulated my Gains to boost up the overall energy of the sound coming out from the speakers. 11am – 2:30pm
    TOTAL HOURS – 12.5

WEEK 3-4

In addition to my regular weekly intern with my church as a sound engineer, I also covered 2 weddings and 1 birthday celebration with Maxwell Jennys Media house.
    Church Hours – Tuesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday = 9.5 HOURS x 2 (weeks)
    Video/Photography – 17 HOURS (2 weeks total)

WEEK 5-6
    Provided sound for my Church Annual thanksgiving Service. Since we were expecting a larger number of people, we needed to improve some gear to help enhance our sound system. I was given the task to buy a new powered Amp and 2 extra monitor speakers.
    I also covered 1 wedding and 2 wedding Anniversary celebration with Maxwell Jennys.
    9.5 + 11.5 (church hours)
    14 hours Maxwell media
    TOTAL HOURS – 35

WEEK 7-8
    Regular weekly schedule with the church – Tuesday, Fridays, Saturdays for Choir rehearsals and Sunday service.
    Covered a musical concert recording and taking pictures. My task was to supervise a team of 3 people to successfully transport cameras, tripods, Cables and tools/equipment to the event venue and record a detail coverage of the performances.

WEEK 9-10
    I became so accustom to the Yamaha M32 Audio mixer and every day mixing the sound for this church was a new experience for me trying out different effects. The good news is that i have been asked to mobilize the choir together for a live stage recording. This will be one of my major accomplishment :)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)