English 1101-0384

• Aha I almost forgot: 6 Facts about the 19th amendment
  • #67809

Matt R

Alrighty, so I’ve watched the Women’s Suffrage video and my thoughts on it was. “Wow, that’s pretty interesting”. And because I thought it was pretty interesting, that means that I don’t have really anything to say about it. All I have to say is that it was pretty neato that women wanted to vote, and then there was a point where it was like “wait, what about african american women?” and then they reconsidered it and said “wow, you’re right, we need to include them too cuz they’re women too”. And then along with African American women they turned around and saw someone say “what about african american men? They got it pretty terrible too, they should also be able to vote.” And then Fredrick Douglass came from behind them and said “that’s right! African American men need to vote too!” And then it was kinda like the Women’s Suffrage movement kinda worked with other people including Fred Douglass, and then he said “I’m a Woman’s Rights Man” and I thought that was pretty cool of him to say it like that.

Along with that, I saw that being pro-suffrage does not equal being anti-racist, because you can support one thing, but if you think that supporting one thing negates you from discriminating something you do willfully, is wrong. Not to mention that Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton wrote themselves into history by writing a literal book that is 3,000 pages. Like honestly, I would take forever to read that and would lose motivation to read if I finished about 1,000 pages. But yeah, they wrote the book because they were a bit afraid they’d be forgotten, so they wrote the book along with the whole History of Woman Suffrage in mind. But because of mass diversity of women suffrage that grew gradually and nationally, so because of that, the final product of the book was actually 6,000 pages, making up a good ol 6 volumes. So even then, that means I wouldn’t even want to touch a book that is 6,000 pages. I would just lose motivation immediately. So yeah, Women Suffrage was pretty neato, they were able to fight for their rights and the movement was able to reach across the nation and probably the whole world was able to get ideas from it. Movements are cool and deserve to be used when you think the Government is being dumb and stupid.
    Yes.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)