ENG2180 Studies in Identity and Orientation FA2017

active 1 month, 1 week ago
English
ENG2180

Identity Intersections: Gender and Sexuality in Literature: This course provides students with an introductory understanding of identity, focusing specifically on the concepts of gender and sexuality as they intersect with race, class, ethnicity, and other aspects of social location and identification. The class will analyze the appearance of gender and sexuality as integrated social concepts by reading and discussing contemporary American literature across multiple genres and media, learning relevant biographical information about the authors, situating the texts within their historical and literary context, and exploring the major symbols and themes present in the work.

|Components of Gender| Question #3 (Revision)

Laura Franks is someone who has “refused to play gender games.” To me this means someone who […] See More|Components of Gender| Question #3 (Revision)

jean arias question# 3

This exercise is good because it has made me realize that I do not let a lot of things get to me I […] See Morejean arias question# 3

Edwin Wu Thesis:

In addition, Pecola's loss of reality is not the only thing she lost, but her social identity is […] See MoreEdwin Wu Thesis:

i have a sense that you are a really though person seems like you have been trough many obstacles […] See More

i agree with the professor you have to put up a wall on what society thinks its right for us. but […] See More

Hey Franchesca, Thank you very much for your help. I actually really like the second quote for […] See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.