ENG2160D551GarciaSpring2020

active 4 hours ago
ENG2160D551GarciaSpring2020
English
ENG2160
Spring 2020

This course focuses on literature, scholarly writing, and films that examine specifically the role(s) of girls and women, both nationally and internationally, and determines whether women themselves or others (external forces, individuals, or social systems) construct definitions of womanhood. The course utilizes texts, by both men and women, and addresses such themes as womanism, stereotypes, feminism, violence, politics, intimate/familial relationships, sex, sexuality, sexual orientation, and prescribed and evolving gender roles as they relate to girls and women.

Am i too emotional? or are you just oblivious?

In " The Yellow Wallpaper" I feel like one of the messages in the story is that woman's roles in […] See MoreAm i too emotional? or are you just oblivious?

Response 2: "Ain't I a Woman" by Sojourner Truth

In the text "Ain't I a Woman" by Sojourner Truth, she discusses many great points about gender […] See MoreResponse 2: "Ain't I a Woman" by Sojourner Truth

"Ain't I a woman?"

Sojourner's speech It left a big impact on me, since it was not something regular it was a way […] See More"Ain't I a woman?"

The points you have made from the cited quotes were spot on and analyzes how society places women […] See More

This specific quote from Wollstone Craft embodies the continuous mindset that society has seen […] See More

You have really expressed how feel about women being taking for granted, and misused. I liked how […] See More

Ain’t I a women response

This speech is about how man and women are not different after all. We just see women very differently now because of the way how our parents raised us. To always treat them with respect, always pay for them ,always do the hard work for […] See MoreAin’t I a women response

Ain’t I a woman response

This speech has to be one of my favorite so far. I like the fact that she is speaking a lot on equality and opens up her speech speaking on how she is as a strong as a man. Truth is pointing out that women can do what men can do and this […] See MoreAin’t I a woman response

Lady Mary – To the Ladies

I agree completely especially when with women tying the knot. That was a huge step back in the seventeenth century having women marry unto a man was like her basically detaching herself from her previous family and serving her husband, […] See MoreLady Mary – To the Ladies