ENG1141 Creative Writing-Spring 2020-Sears

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.

• Author

Jennifer Sears
    Participant

On today’s Discussion Board, answer the following  questions.

1. Have you read the Memoir Assignment and Memoir Workshop Instructions on our OpenLab site?
    2. What questions (if any) do you have about the assignment or requirements?
    3. What questions (if any) do you have about the workshop process or requirement?
    4. If you have no questions, you must still participate on the discussion board to be counted present for today’s class. You can simply say you have read both items and have no questions.

Today’s participation may be one sentence or as many sentences as you need. I will answer questions on the thread.

Carlos Cabrera
    Participant

hey prof. i was reading the memoir definitions and i understood better from a source out side on google. Basically is a written paper about anybody memory which means “memoir” in french. But prof. my question is, in the files up on open lab says that we must summit something our draft on may sixth. What is the actual story about that.

Jennifer Sears
    Participant

Hi Carlos, the draft of your memoir for Workshop 1 should be uploaded to OpenLab for our Workshop 1, which will be on May 7, our next class. You should upload this as a pdf onto the OpenLab site by midnight May 6. This can be the first page of your assignment or the full assignment if you are done. Three of the four options for the assignment were from our discussion boards, so you might build on what you’ve already written.

Let me know if you need more clarification!

Fahim.Shahriar12
    Participant

Professor, I have one question about the names prompt. Is it alright if we didn’t know where our names actually came from and how our names have been important to us?

Mark Aberin
    Participant

I’ve read both items. No questions here.

Jennifer Sears
    Participant

Hi Fahim,
    Make sure you look at the post about Writing the Story of Your Name, which is also listed on the post for the Memoir Assignment. If you choose to do this for your Memoir Assignment, you have 8 ways suggested to write about your name. You do not have to write about where your name came from or how your name is important to you. You could write about one of the other ideas on the post for writing the story of your name.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Nicholas Cabrera
    Participant

I have read both prompts. Prof. my question is for the names prompt is okay to include what our names meant from other sources and what it meant to the person who gave us the name. For instance can I say that I looked up the meaning of my name, because I actually looked up the meaning of my name out of curiosity when I was Little

Adonis Corporan
    Participant

I have read both items and I have no questions.

Jennifer Sears
    Participant

Hi Nicholas, Yes! You can use an outside source, but if you give a direct reference, make sure you give the outside a proper credit and citation to the source.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Maryemilia Perez
    Participant

I have read the content on our memoir assignment. I do not have any questions.

Klarissa G.
    Participant

I have read and understand the memoir assignment and instructions.

AkiliM
    Participant

I have read both items and have no questions.

Jennifer Tlatelpa
    Participant

I have read both items and I have no questions.

AZIZUL HAKIM
    Participant

I have read both the items and I have no questions till now.

Jennifer Sears
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    Just checking in again! Keep questions coming if you have them. And remember, if you haven’t participated, you must sign in state you have read and understood the assignment for attendance credit. The first draft for workshop (due by midnight tomorrow as a pdf on the OpenLab site) can be the whole piece or the beginning. Fahim has already submitted his! You can submit anytime.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.