ENG1121 D435 Fall2019

• Due 5PM on 11/5: Three potential genres for your project
  • #56196

Amber Slater

Hi all!

For homework, answer these questions:
    1) What is the call to action (thesis) from your research paper?
    2) What are three potential genres that you might choose for your remix project? Why would these be a good fit?
    3) Does any one genre stick out to you most of all?
    4) Do you have any model texts that you might use to help you create the remix? (for example, if you want to make a photo essay, have you seen any photo essays that you might want to use as a sample as you create your own?) Feel free to post links for model texts!

#56200

Todd

1) my call to action is to stop spreading the misconception that video games cause or associate with violence
    2) three potential genres that I might consider is a comic, poster, or PowerPoint. These ideas are good for me due to the fact I’m use to visual projects. I can be more creative(if I want to)
    3) yes most likely the comic.
    4) yes. Webtoons. It’s a comic website anyone can upload anything to. https://m.webtoons.com/en/?webtoon-platform-redirect=true

#56201

Joshua

1. My call to action is that every full time college student should receive free metro cards.
    2. Three potential genres that i might consider are vlog, photo essay and powerpoint. These are potential because they would be easy to implement my call to action.
    3. Yes, the photo essay stands out for me.
    4.The photo essay example that was shown in the class has generate this idea for me.

#56210

Elsa

My call action is companies should give workers better working conditions and allowing them to work 4 instead of 5 days of week so they can be better in their jobs.
    Poster, Photo Essay and a PowerPoint would be good because they can help me express my ideas and opinions.
    3) Does anyone genre stick out to you most of all?
    Yes, doing a power-point sticks out the most
    4) Do you have any model texts that you might use to help you create the remix? (for example, if you want to make a photo essay, have you seen any photo essays that you might want to use as a sample as you create your own?) Feel free to post links for model texts
    Yes, I will be using google slides

#56220

Abdullah123

My call to action is about food sanitation.

comic, poster, or PowerPoint.
    I can show pictures of restuarants inside my paper

Poster is good

Yes I can use many posters from ads for my model texts.

#56229

Brianna Bermudez

1. My call to action thesis was after school staff members should get training for working with students who are a part of iep.
    2. Three potential genres would be a psa, PowerPoint, or a photo essay. These stuck out to me best because Iā€™m big on visuals mainly and some audio.
    3. The psa really sticks out the most because it incorporates both audio and visual. Another reason why is because itā€™s straight to the point.
    4. Yes, I do have some examples. Iā€™ve been looking at the way the company truth does their public service announcements. https://youtu.be/loLpcd7gqNE

#56230

FahmidC

1) My call to action is that people should try to sit down with the toxic members of the One Piece community and try and see if they can help them become less toxic.
    2) I might choose between making a speech, a comic, or a photo essay because will give me a chance to express my thoughts on the subject however I want.
    3) comic sticks out the most being how creative you can be while drawing the comic.
    4) For the comics genre, Webtoons will be a big help in learning how to draw the comic hopefully https://www.webtoons.com/en/

#56237

MelvinB

1. My call to action thesis is my discourse community has the bear with effects of gun violence and my call to action is offering many services to support people (who feel as If they have to pick up a gun to solve there problems) like a community center or mental health services, and as a community people have to stand up and make their voice heard enough is enough.
    2. Three genres that would work would be a power point prestation, oral and visual podcast, or a blog.
    3. The power point sticks out to me the most because I think that standing up and making awareness to this issue in my discourse community and ways that may improve it is a wonderful way to get a message across.
    4. As of now I currently do not have any model text that might help me create my remix, but Iā€™m actively researching.

#56243

Francky

1- My call to action is: “We, Students at city Tech, need a gym in the campus!”
    2- For my remix project, the three potential genres I might use are probably; photo essays, which seems to be more easy and clear. I might also do a speech video, or a video essays.
    3- One of the genres that stick out the most is the photo essays
    4- I donā€™t have any specific one yet

#56249

Janet C.

1. My call to action was understanding college working students. Why do we need to pay to receive an education. How can we help students balance work and their studies.
    2. Three potential genres that I might consider using would be a PowerPoint, photo essays these two are more visual, and maybe a poster( more information).
    3. The one that sticks out the most is the photo essays it would be nice to have a photo and underneath information. (Have a photo of student) underneath their student.
    4. I found this link helpful to help me create a photo essay https://www.redesignu.org/design-lab/performance-tasks/photo-essay

#56253

Joshua V

1. My call to action these is to incorporate sports/ co-curricular activities in city tech
    2. Three potential genres would be a photo essay, film , or power point. These would be a good fit because, it gets to capture the differences between other schools and city tech.
    3. The genre that sticks out most is probably a film because it gives you perspective on the major differences
    4. This gives me an idea of the type of film but Iā€™m not entirely stuck on the idea https://iloveps.org/films/the-mind-inside-episode-one

#56256

ArchAlex

1) My call to action is to bring back the Tribunal into league of legends and end toxicity in ranked matches.
    2) Instagram photo posts, Vlog, and a youtube edited video on toxic gameplay. Each would be able to bring my paper to light and actually be a bit more entertaining and memorable than my paper.
    3) The instagram post seems easier to do as well as execute. It will also bring a social connection and potentially humor.
    4) The example given by you in class for humans of ny is definitely the approach I am inspired by.

#56263

Mykhal Parson

1) My call to action is for gamers to give more money to independent companies, and for game developers to promote in-game purchases less.
    2) Three genres Iā€™m interested in using are videos, photo essays, and posters because the audience would be more easily informed if they saw what I talked about visually instead of text.
    3)The one genre that sticks out to me the most is the genre of video.
    4) Some examples of this genre that I would be able to use are ā€œPack openingā€ videos from NBA 2K Youtubers. This would help me show the unnecessary amount of money that is being spent by gamers in order to receive a virtual item (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xVUcDxIuqc).

#56264

Daveed Roopnarain

1. My call to action is, in order for car culture to thrive we must get rid of the hate between each other and our individual ideas.
    2. I believe a documentary, picture essay, or even a podcast could be really good for my remix project. Each of these give a chance for audio/visual representation of what hate looks like in the car world.
    3. A documentary would be fun to do because I can talk about what I see going on, reference videos with small clips about what is happening, include an interview.
    4. I have a few documentaries already that I was using in my call to action that will work perfectly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p3NdHcceL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2NnxDdDHRk

#56266

Josiah Ponce

1) My call to action as presented in my essay is to provide more transparency between artist and exhibit sponsors.
    2) The three genres that stick out to me the most are the power point slide, comic, and photo essay.
    3)The comic genre sticks out to me the most since I’m discussing the topic of artists.
    4) Yes, there are many sources where I can get information on how to make a comic. So far the website deviant art is my runner-up for that sort of information since that community is strictly art-based.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)