ENG1121 D435 Fall2019

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Annotated bibliography: why is it taking longer to graduate from college

Ryanbell782
    Participant

Nika Anschuetz, Waynesburg University. Breaking the 4-year myth: Why students are taking longer to graduate USA TODAY Published 3:08 p.m. ET Dec. 16, 2015
    A really good starting point in terms of information including some commentary from both students and teachers, and lots of general statics. For me it will be used to provide structure for my paper.

ELISSA NADWORNY. College Completion Rates Are Up, But The Numbers Will Still Surprise You NPR.org March 13, 20197:01 AM ET
    In depth look at college completion statistics including a what if scenario, this will be used to add flesh the the structure.

Abigail Hess, Graduating in 4 years or less helps keep college costs down—but just 41% of students do CNBC.com Published Wed, Jun 19 20199:48 AM EDT
    As CNBC is more of a channel that monitors the stock market it offers a more corporate view which is completely different from a student’s point of view.

The National Center for Education Statistics, What are the graduation rates for students obtaining a bachelor’s degree? U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics. (2019) Accessed 10/15/19
    The NCES is a federal entity that does what the names says, which gather educational data. Every paper written about any topic needs a
    source of raw data this is mine.

Beth Akers and Matthew M. Chingos, Time-to-Graduation Too Often Overlooked BROOKINGS.edu Wednesday, May 1, 2013
    The Brookings institute is a major national policy think tank, they provide a view that shows the problem arises no matter your SAT score.
    It gives me glimpse of how this may not be a question of class.
    Seeing how information is constantly evolving I cannot say this will be my sources in it’s entirety, these are just the major ones.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.