ENG1101 LC09 Fall 2020

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Posts
  • #67913

Jennifer Sears

The Participation Activity for Session 6, Sept. 15 goes here. See the instructions on today’s To-Do List and post before Thursday, Sept. 17 for attendance credit. Today’s activity is short but important!

To-Do List, Session 6: Tuesday, Sept. 15

#67920

awa lo

All my family, encouraged me to finish my education mostly my parents. They never got the change to go to school and they don’t want the something happen to me they don’t want me to do the same mistake as them. They don’t know anything about education they don’t know how to read or write. They know that when you don’t have education it will be hard to get a good job. they always encourage me do all my best at school and I’m the only girl from my parents that graduated from high school. also education means a lot to me because it can help you to get better job.

what stood out me in carls’s post “I have always wanted to be successful I love education and I have always had in mind if I have completed 12 years of school why can’t I do 4 more in college and be successful in life” this because if you complete 12 years of school it will not be hard to finish college.

#67958

Jennifer Sears

Hi Awa,
    Thanks for posting! I see that you responded on the other board before it closed. Anyone who posts next, all you need to do here is let me know that you have read the assignment for your Educational Narrative. And (important!) if you have questions, please ask them here. If you don’t have questions, state exactly that: I have read the assignment and have no questions.

Today’s discussion board is designed to mimic the discussion we would have in class about your assignment.
    Nice to see you all in math class today!

#67960

Alexa

When i was 14 years old my mother, siblings and i decided to migrate in New York, My father worked so hard to bring us all here. I was excited that time looking forward to experience new things with new environment. I had a great childhood experienced since my parents don’t pressure us to have a high grades or compete in school. Way back then, when we migrated in the city of dreams I continued my study as a freshman in high school at Cambria Heights and moved to International High school at union square and graduated there. It was a big adjustment for me knowing that I was in new environment. They always support me in all my decision and guide me when they think that my own experiences who will teach us excel in life. I am not one of the student who always excel in class but of course i am always trying my best to do well. If you’re going to ask me how ami going to describe my educational experienced in high school ? I would describe it as “roller coaster” because in this stage i learned hot to fit myself with new things, face the crowd and show the real me without hiding my through color in other word i faced my fears bravery. I don’t know what will happen in my college journey but i am looking forward to what awaits me and i know that it is all worth it.

“We were empty bank accounts and it was our teachers responsibility to deposit facts,— from Latinx teen in Chicago written in his writings “Maybe I could save myself by writing’. I think teachers are not only accountable in depositing facts on our bank accounts, it is still our own efforts that will fill it. We should not entirely rely on the teacher because they are just our guide on our whole learning process but it is still our own encouragement and motivation to do better in school. We, learners are the one who are responsible in depositing on the empty banks that’s we have. If we want to fill it with lots of facts we should strive for it and I think it is worth it that depending to excel with others.

#67961

Richard Fernandez

I have read the assignment and have no questions.

#67962

Lensky

i have read the assignment and i have no questions.

#67966

Carlos Silverio

#67967

Anaya Massiah

#67972

Yaritza Burgos

#67973

Mia Genoves

#67988

fatoumata magiraga

I have a question do I start writing my essay On openlab on in my notebook ?

#67989

Lubna Chowdhury

#67990

Julio Falero

I have read the assignment and I have no questions.

#67998

Maurine

#68004

Jennifer Sears

Hi All,

I see a good question from Fatoumata. The assignment sheet says that you will first upload your essay onto the OpenLab for peer review, so I understand why this may be confusing!

Fatoumata (and others) you should write your essay on your device in your word processing program such as Word or Pages and then upload the document as a pdf onto the OpenLab. I will do a video for tomorrow’s class explaining this more.

For now, type your essay as you normally would at home. I hope that makes sense!

Others, chime in please and let me know you have read the assignment and have no questions!

Prof. Sears

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘’ is closed to new replies.